Ham Radio in Disney WORLD

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by K9ZFG, Mar 31, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N1WVQ

N1WVQ Ham Member QRZ Page

We’re looking to go to WDW in January 2023. I plan on bringing GMRS radios at the very least, & there is at least 1 GMRS repeater associated with WDW.

2. AI5DH

AI5DH Ham Member QRZ Page

Rules do not apply to hams and if you get busted, lie.

3. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wear a laminated copy of your GMRS license on a lanyard and wear a shirt with epaulets to clip your mic to. That way they know you are a dominate force to be reckoned with.

KO4ESA likes this.
  4. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Haven't read all the posts so maybe someone has already mentioned this---but many, many decades ago the original Disneyland in Anaheim, CA actually had a 2 meter repeater on site. The antenna was atop the Matterhorn Mountain. The repeater covered an area much larger than the park itself. As a very young ham with a (at the time) very large 2 meter handheld I carried it and used it on every trip to the park. There was actually a Disneyland Amateur Radio Club and members could have QSL cards made with their call. The QSL cards were all Disney themed.

KO4ESA likes this.
  5. N4DJC

N4DJC Ham Member QRZ Page

I found my QSL from WDW

DD01089F-AF4D-4EB6-9999-6CD4DCEBA5F3.jpeg

KO4ESA likes this.
  6. KC3KMZ

KC3KMZ Ham Member QRZ Page

To answer your question I have been to Disney World several times, in fact, I will be there next week and I have always taken my HT. there is a radio club Disney Emergency Radio Service (DEARS) that has a repeater on Disney property that I have always used and a great bunch of guys on it. Check their website out.

KO4ESA likes this.