Ham Radio in Disney WORLD

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by K9ZFG, Mar 31, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. WA8ZYT

WA8ZYT Ham Member QRZ Page

With the proliferation of cellphones and other portable devices, why would anyone be remotely worried about something like this?

2. W8NGA

W8NGA Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with F5VHZ.... Enjoy the park and leave the radio at home!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  3. KG7XD

KG7XD Ham Member QRZ Page

K0UO likes this.
  4. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member QRZ Page

KK4YDR:

Many of the Constitutional protections only apply to the governmental bodies and subsidiary organizations.

The best example involves suspected shoplifters. If a merchant has reason to suspect you're trying to leave his premises with merchandise that you didn't pay for, the merchant can detain you and search you WITHOUT A SEARCH WARRANT.

Once you contact law enforcement, even if it's to ask for advice, it becomes a "law enforcement search" and a warrant is required

5. K3UJ

K3UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe, but that would only apply to suspected shoplifting. Private individuals / organizations cannot confiscate your property, that would be theft, and you can bring charges against them.

On the other hand, we're replying to a four year old thread.

6. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't know about Disney World but many decades ago Disney Land in Anaheim CA actually had a ham radio club and had a 2 meter repeater on site with the antenna atop the Matterhorn. Good coverage for miles around. Used it many times when I lived in Orange County CA

7. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member QRZ Page

Property owners have the right to prohibit the public from bring certain items onto their property, The public MUST BE informed of restricted/prohibited items by notices printed on admission tickets or posted at entrances to the venue.

Trying bringing prohibited items into a major league sports venue. The prohibited item will be confiscated and you MAY BE denied admission. This practice dates back to at least the '70s at the major league ball parks.

N2EY likes this.
  8. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

That's nice to see there is a radio club and repeaters around the park. I don't think I would take a radio with me if I were going there... I'd simply enjoy it with my family.

N2EY likes this.
  9. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

Last time I checked, the repeater had been moved to a location outside the park, but that was several years ago. Since I don't go to DL very often and I usually leave my radios at home when I do, I don't know if it's still operational.

10. N4DJC

N4DJC Ham Member QRZ Page

I got a QSL card from a 2 meter net on one of the repeaters there back in the 90’s. I didn’t carry a radio the last time I was there.