ad: Radclub22-1

HAM radio during a storm

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KQ4KK, Sep 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. VE3CSH

VE3CSH Ham Member QRZ Page

I checked into the PALSnet using EchoLink. Good Luck VE3CSH

N2NH likes this.
  2. W8QZ

W8QZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds very similar to this (but not quite the same):

Escheat /ɪsˈtʃiːt/[1][2] is a common law doctrine that transfers the real property of a person who died without heirs to the Crown or state. It serves to ensure that property is not left in "limbo" without recognized ownership. It originally applied to a number of situations where a legal interest in land was destroyed by operation of law, so that the ownership of the land reverted to the immediately superior feudal lord.

3. NK4K

NK4K Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, just estoppel it.

4. W4VIA

W4VIA Ham Member QRZ Page

SCHearts repeater is 7 repeaters linked co disaster purpose for Ham Radio operators

5. KQ4KK

KQ4KK Ham Member QRZ Page

The SCHEART system has 30 analog FM VHF/UHF and 30 digital DMR UHF repeaters mounted on mostly the SC ETV towers around the state. https://scheart.us/

6. PD0JBV

PD0JBV Guest

7. NK4K

NK4K Ham Member QRZ Page

No need for this apology! It proves your focus was on the most important thing: worrying about and/or helping your neighbors during a horrible weather event instead of typing about it. There are many here in SC whose tails fell off from working so hard. They never receive recognition, because they're in the trenches while others are in clean clothes in front of TV cameras. Well, this missive highlights the forgotten volunteer, too. No need for this apology!

KQ4KK likes this.
  8. VE3CSH

As a Canadian I am impressed by the American Hurricane nets

KQ4KK likes this.
  9. VE3CSH

There is a video on YouTube of the hurricane watch net in action. I was impressed to see amateurs in Miami talking to amateurs in Cuba in Spanish.