ad: elecraft

Ham Radio Deluxe Support hacked my computer

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2SUB, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Ham Member QRZ Page

I have not read the links above to the anti review laws but maybe talking to a lawyer would be good. One might want to take them on if the law is on your side of being punished for leaving a bad review. Just a thought. Try to take some money from HRD.
    John, WB0MPB

KM4NOW likes this.
  2. WA4SIX

WA4SIX Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm a ham. I'm cheap. I use free software....
    Personally, having owned several businesses & dealing directly with customers, I would never treat them in this manner.

Ed

KR6AUL, KM4NOW, NL7W and 4 others like this.
  3. W6UV

W6UV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm an HRD 6.x user. Based on this thread, I know what I'll be doing during the Christmas break: evaluating replacements.

W8NSI, KN6Q, KR6AUL and 2 others like this.
  4. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Exactly.

NK2U likes this.
  5. N7ZAL

N7ZAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Certainly agree and that is why I have trouble believing all this. Never heard a business so tone deaf to a customer and I would have fired an employee for less than that. :( I have to be missing something?

KR6AUL likes this.
  6. KI6LZ

KI6LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Bonfire of the vanities?

7. KD8TUT

KD8TUT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well ok "Bob the internet lawyer/MD".

It seems to me that it is disingenuous to be defending a company after they demanded the removal of a review in exchange for reinstatement of a license. That's certainly not lawyer territory for HRD. Though it might be for the OP.

You'll have to forgive my incredulity- but I'm not a stupid man. Also- it's really aggravating to watch someone pushed around by you.

It's as if the company is the "poor little snowflake" being assaulted by the mighty and unscrupulous customer. And in the real world that dog don't hunt. Providing for difficult customers are what makes a business great!

He provided documentation of the problem, HRD has apparently (based on documents provided) attempted to coerce him to remove the review.

What about this, "Bob the Internet Lawyer/MD" seems to be problematic?

You want to defend the company after seeing that? You got friends over there? Is QRZ somehow in bed with HRD? I'm just asking questions....

You might be a great lawyer and MD. But you are failing humanity on this issue- you get a review of 0 out of 5.

Thanks for your service as a moderator.

KN6PQP, AJ4SW, VK6CR and 17 others like this.
  8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you have Team Viewer so they had access to your computer ?

9. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nothing disingenuous at all. It's an open and straightforward position he has taken.

AJ4SW likes this.
  10. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Thanks for giving me a review of 0 out of 5. It goes with the territory.

I am not defending a company. I am pointing out that you have only one side of the story. You have taken it as gospel without any response from the other side. If I happen to point that out and suffer the (GASP!) humiliation of your derogatory references to me, then so be it. Once again, you have NO IDEA what really happened. None. Nada. Nilch.

In this day of internet lies, mistruths and innuendo, I find nothing wrong with also asking questions and demanding proof. If we are to improve our software and forge ahead with new and better services and products, then we had better be willing to listen to reality and not internet fantasy.

But you go ahead and call me an "internet lawyer/MD." That sounds very ad-hominem to me but if it floats your boat, by all means.

I do hope that someone from HRD pipes in and offers some explanation.

...........Bob

NL7W likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.