Ham Radio Deluxe Support hacked my computer

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2SUB, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Now that's funny!

2. KD8TUT

KD8TUT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not kidding.... it's not a joke. Never went to uninstall it until tonight.

3. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In the interest of full discloser, I did have a problem with LOTW using Windows XP and HRD version 6.1, and they could not resolve it. After I upgraded to Windows 10 and the current version, the problem went away. I thought that's what the review said, but if not, there you go.

NL7W likes this.
  4. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Okay... why would they require agreement when UNINSTALLING software?
    I'd think of doing that as a PREREQUISITE of/for installation!

5. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So, you are suggesting that the replies he got from " the other side" and his posting of the document are fake? I suppose it could be.
    Maybe he was a real PITA with them and we don't see that. But that sort of response is unacceptable for even the most obnoxious customer.

N3AWS, W8NSI, NL7W and 1 other person like this.
  6. N2SUB

It's a new computer. I do not have restore points enabled. UGH! Good thought.

7. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

One possibility is that the same routine was written to handle installations, updates, patches, and uninstalls.

So the routine asks for that verification regardless of the reason one is running the routine, and whether or not it was agreed to before.

8. KD8TUT

KD8TUT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm just reporting what I found. Had considered going back with them after a few more versions. With this guys report I just want it off my drive.

Thankfully- I can remove it manually.

G4GNX likes this.
  9. N2SUB

Bob, it's no longer an opinion when you can back it up with fact. Have you read the support ticket?

My review said I had problems with LOTW in 6.1 with Windows XP (not Windows 10). My review also said "I can deal with it. I have been developing software for decades, I get it.....nothing is perfect". You are welcome to call me a liar if you want, but I'm stating fact, not stating an opinion, and I have no reason to lie. An opinion would be "Bob must work for HRDSoftware". LOL But I would never say that because I don't have facts to back it up, just hearsay.

All the best.

KA9MOT, AJ4SW, N3AWS and 5 others like this.
  10. K4LMP

K4LMP Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought the ROC Packet software from them years ago, but not HRD. After seeing this, I won't buy anything from them. I'm still waiting on them to respond to the post. I'm so glad I hadn't already bought it. I realize people's PC's are different, and what is a problem on one, may not be a problem on another. The problem the OP was having isn't the issue here, the issue is the way they treated him. I couldn't believe this when I first saw the post. Word of mouth spreads fast...

K1BQY, N7ZAL and N2SUB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.