Ham Radio Deluxe Support hacked my computer

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2SUB, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

The question looms: Will Trump repeal it?

After all...HE has "...a pen and a phone..." too.

Back to your regularly scheduled software slug-fest.

(disgonbegood.jpg)

2. KI6LZ

KI6LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

This should make national news, never heard of a company doing this.

3. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

4. NL7W

You can keep your Doctor....
    You can keep your ham radio software, too.
    Oh... wait a minute!

Vindictive little s#(t$ all! ;)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    N8FGB and K1BQY like this.
  5. KD8TUT

KD8TUT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

6. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

HRD works just fine with LoTW. There is no issue with the software. That does not mean that something else on any particular computer is contributing to a problem. But to say HRD does not "interface" with LoTW is pure BS. Sorry, but them's the facts. And no, what I have seen on this thread is one side of the story. I have not seen, and neither has anyone else, the other side.

What I have seen are folks who want to use this forum to bash all sorts of software for problems that when all is said and done are often of the making of the person trying to run it. You have taken hook, line and sinker the "allegations" of someone without even considering "the other side." Why?? Why are you so willing to believe someone's rant without considering all the facts? Well, this is the internet and that's what folks do.

I have no interest in HRD other than I like the software, have used it for years and find it works well. Are their bugs?? Sure, show me a program that doesn't have them. Given the complicated interfaces we all use with our radios, software we run alongside HRD and the like, it's a wonder anything works at all. But, if we're going to keep improving things we need to work together and NOT bash folks simply trying to make a living selling ham radio software. As was mentioned, part of the OP problem was an issue with his rig that was NOT under the control of HRD.

This thread represents ONE person's opinion. Thousands of others use the program daily with no problem.

..............Bob

K0ON and KA0HCP like this.
  7. K2XT

K2XT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Most software is not sold, but rather licensed. You buy a "right to use" but don't actually own it.
    Read those license agreements, the ones where you have to check that you agree before the installation begins.

8. NL7W

That's nice, Bob.

But what does that have to do with the retribution by the vendor -- disabling his paid-for product? Disabling his paid-in-full product UNTIL he removes or recants a bad review?

IMHO, this is a BAD business practice... ultimately leading to BAD reviews and BAD press on a popular nitch-hobby website!

Moreover, it appears illegal today. Though I'd have to review the supposed law surrounding this today, as recently mentioned by a poster here.

You have a legal background. You could do this and get back to us.

Or, it could be the poster has edited said pdf file with Acrobat, given the lack of ending punctuation I would normally see in said Section 8. Would a few other owners of HRD post their HRD software license, terms and conditions please -- for comparison?

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    AJ4SW, N3AWS, K1BQY and 4 others like this.
  9. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

That's OK. There's a similar thread on eHam. The kvetching will survive, one way or another.

10. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

RICO !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.