Ham Radio Deluxe Support hacked my computer

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2SUB, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W6UV

W6UV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Probably not today. AB6CC has several bad reviews of HRD on eHam going back over a year. They probably blacklisted him as a result of one of those. The other guy who left a 0/5 review today isn't blacklisted.

What's puzzling is that not all bad reviews have resulted in blacklisting. I wonder what their criteria is? Perhaps they read the review and decide based on the content and not just on the numerical rating.

2. KK2U

KK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

My review today was HEAVILY edited by eHam. I asked why, and they said that per their terms, I can only take issue with the product directly, and not the company or their practices in a product review. Much of what I originally wrote was removed. I stick by my review. The software was buggy. Crashing a few dozen times during FD 2015 was the last straw for me.

3. W2NAP

W2NAP Ham Member QRZ Page

how a company deals with reviews and practices are very much a valid part to review.

NK2U likes this.
  4. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

eHam doesn't like me for obvious reasons. Too bad I have a low tolerance for fools, huh?

NK2U likes this.
  5. KK2U

KK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's the reply I received:

That portion of the review belongs in the Community Forum "Company Reviews" where customer service and company issues are welcome.

Product reviews should be the author's personal experience - not what may or may not have happened to someone else.

This is covered in the reviews Terms & Conditions that all should read before posting reviews to reduce confusion.
    I asked for the review to be removed (since my title didn't make much sense after the heavy editing) - however, it's still up.

6. KK4ZYM

KK4ZYM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Huh? The same statement can be made about SSB, AM, FM. Have you ever used HRD? It isn't just for digital modes.

WU8Y likes this.
  7. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

We we have an official statement soon, but we do not condone anyone that blacklisted any ham for a bad review

As of today, Randy, Mike and I went though the license server and removed all blacklisted hams. That's not good business or good policy.

More to come.

AA7QQ and KD9DAL like this.
  8. W2NAP

W2NAP Ham Member QRZ Page

don't even need hrd for digital mode. plenty of FREE stuff that will do all the dig modes you want.

9. KK4ZYM

KK4ZYM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

But you do need software, which was his point.

W5WN likes this.
  10. NT1K

NT1K Ham Member QRZ Page

Should have never did it in the first place.

AJ4SW and WA8LIV like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.