Ham Radio Deluxe Support hacked my computer

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2SUB, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. NY7N

NY7N Ham Member QRZ Page

While restoring the thread was the right call, it should never have been deleted in the first place, nor should the laughable attempt at spin control on behalf HRD or the implied attack on the OP have ever happened.

I still don't have an answer to why the currently illegal tactic of HRD demanding he remove his review to restore his software was glossed over or ignored by the owner of this site every single time he was confronted with it, but apparently I'll never get that answer publicly.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so pitiful.

AJ4SW, N6MEJ, KC8TCQ and 3 others like this.
  2. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Retaliation for difference in opinion is nothing new, only the execution / implementation differs.

County officials retaliated by blocking group of hams from access to the park to participate in MSWE because I as a volunteer took their advise to "post your comments " on their web site and informed them that harassing group of volunteers to purchase fishing license because they stay in the park overnight is wrong . Yes they have a "rule" - anybody in the park after sunset has to purchase fishing license, fishing or not ! My "comment " did not mention anything even remotely related to amateur radio. This is known in these parts as "fish story ".
    I am "not welcomed" ( yes, I got that documented in e-mail) to participate in ham radio activities on board the ship for publishing a note about governor authorizing an additional $25 millions to finally fix the problem. I only copied official government announcement about it with a note " judge for yourself".

I am banned for life from "popular" computer user forum because I objected to racial remarks , "you are stupid" innuendos , foul language and "learn English " - all NOT directed to me but other users!

I appreciate this thread info about the "new" federal law and I am about to look for local lawyer with guts and wanting to make easy money.

This is pretty typical QRZ thread - with off topic remarks in " it works just fine for me " style and pretty transparent attempt of administrators to turn this thread onto " spreading improper formation " instead of keeping it as discussion about how HRD group management operates.

I did not purchase their software , because I did object, from begging, to the way they initially acquired it.
    It was developed with volunteer assistance and with volunteer financial support.
    I have no issue when amateur radio hobbyists making money with THEIR product, but turning HRD into commercial venture rubbed me wrong way . That's all.

73 Shirley

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    NK2U likes this.
  3. W6UV

W6UV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

4. W2NAP

W2NAP Ham Member QRZ Page

one thing can be said for sure. HRD, extortion is bad, mmmkay

5. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I also found the same with Flex Radio Systems. They have a strong company presence on their own user community and they go above and beyond to have happy customers. Other flex owners and users (such as myself) are more than happy to help out. Every time I go to the forum to learn something I always leave with more knowledge than I came in with. Nobody is talked down to, berated or bullied by the company, ever. Not even people who criticize the company.

It goes to show - the way to combat bad reviews is to make things right for the customer, NOT to beat them down and bully them. Unfortunately W4PC and HRD Software, LLC has demonstrated a repeated pattern of the latter, not the former. For this, I suspect they will pay dearly once word gets out. And no matter how much they try to bully people, word will still get out.

DK8ZZ and WC3T like this.
  6. KD9DAL

KD9DAL Ham Member QRZ Page

NK2U likes this.
  7. KI3U

KI3U Ham Member QRZ Page

I've read the 19 pages of comments in this thread which currently load.

So far, the most astonishing thing I've read, within the context of it all,
    is AA7BQ, the founder / owner of this QRZ.com forum, describing those thread-participants
    who are upset with HRD's behavior, with these terms :

"devolve into a riot"
    "a lynch mob is on the attack"
    "the complete disregard of fairness once the mob mentality sets in "
    "a blatantly unfair attack"

I could only shake my head when I read that in thread post #144, page 15.
    The above descriptions, again within the context of the entire situation,
    are just really, really unrealistic, in my opinion.

Berj / KI3U

AJ4SW and NK2U like this.
  8. KD9DAL

KD9DAL Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL OH MY GOD - they just changed all the blacklisted calls posted previously to valid and removed the blacklist. LOL.

HRD - if you are even thinking of saying these calls were always valid and never blacklisted, there is an IRC channel of about 10 of us with logged telnet output showing them blacklisted as of 30 minutes ago. dig that hole carefully

AA4GA, DK8ZZ, KJ3N and 1 other person like this.
  9. NY7N

NY7N Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, if the OP's case wasn't subject to the Consumer Review Fairness Act due to it just being signed into law this week, that sure is.

Good job, HRD - that's actually illegal. Well done.

AJ4SW, HB9FXW and NK2U like this.
  10. W2NAP

W2NAP Ham Member QRZ Page

wow, how low can HRD go

AJ4SW and NK2U like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.