ad: M2Ant-1

Ham Radio Deluxe and Assistive Technology

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by W9UND, Jun 29, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. W9UND

W9UND Ham Member QRZ Page

I am visually impaired. I use assistive technology (Zoomtext/Fusion) on my computer. Ham Radio Deluxe will not load when I have the assistive technology program running. I can quit the assistive technology, start HRD, and then restart Zoomtext and all seems to work fine.

I was just wondering if anyone else runs Zoomtext/JAWS/Fusion with HRD, and if they've experienced similar issues. I contacted HRD, and they seem disinterested in helping me resolve the issue.

To be clear, the programs run fine together. I just wish I wouldn't need to close my assistive technology and then open HRD and reopen Zoomtext.

Thanks,

Dan
    W9UND

2. NG1H

NG1H XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I haven't worked with this particular combination but I have helped a family member using Zoomtext. I recall a problem with a program that wanted to start in full screen mode when Zoomtext was already running. Check to make sure HRD is windowed, not full screen.

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

The start sequence may mater, Because of how a Wedge works.

4. NG1H

NG1H XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Also consider just having HRD start at bootup and leave it running. On a limited test it handles the rig powering off and on OK.