ad: HamHats-1

Ham Radio Camping in a storm

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by OH8STN, Dec 3, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you read all of my post? I did mention my tent has a flap for a stove pipe, and yes I have a foldable wood stove I use with it. And yes I did watch the complete Video. You may score it as 6 to 0 if you would like, you forgot one thing, $50.00 tent that keeps my dry comfortable and weighs about eight pounds fits the bill for myself compared shelling out over $1000 , for something I use maybe four time a year. Oh I am smart enough not to touch the canvas from the inside.

Take a chill pill, sounds like you are a little up tight. FB OM 72'

WN1MB likes this.
  2. W3TKB

W3TKB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I merely answered your question.
    Why does a BMW cost more than a Ford? What does a brand new Yaesu FTdx101MP do that some 1950's boat anchor does not? See where I'm going with this? I simply pointed out the advantages of the Nortent over your Coleman, as you asked. Anyone who's done any amount of back-country hiking or backpacking would have told you the same thing.

Don't ask questions you don't want the answers to.

As for that "chill pill"...I'd tell you what to do with it, but then I'd probably have to come back later and explain that to you as well, and frankly...who has the time?

3. W4LLZ

W4LLZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Last I recall, the Lone Ranger was one hell of a good shot.

4. W4LLZ

W4LLZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Absolutely correct. And those types usually have no sense of preparedness, and when SHTF they are the first to cry for help. Fact.

5. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

:D:D:)

6. N6MST

N6MST Ham Member QRZ Page

And thanks to Mr. Browning you don't have to.

WD4ELG and WN1MB like this.
  7. WB6FQZ

WB6FQZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Amen Brother, I live just East of you and thank God for Sheriff Youngblood.

8. W1MDM

W1MDM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

nice one. at least i have my adblocker ON..

9. DL3HQL

DL3HQL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Es ist gut, in der Natur ohne Störnebel funken zu können. Ist

KC7JNJ likes this.
  10. KC7NOA

KC7NOA Ham Member QRZ Page

I personally like the idea of QROp external amps -- 30w-100w out for my QRP radios. Use an amp when needed

Iv been working on an interface for my FT-817/818 to control 3 separate amplifiers. One for hf, one for VHF - 2M, and lastly one for UHF - 70cm. The interface is done but modifying the amps has taken more time ... plus an amazingly painful divorce sideline efforts too.

11. KE8OKM

KE8OKM Ham Member QRZ Page

Julian you inspired me to do a winter Radio overnight camp this weekend from Ohio.

It just so happens to align with the coldest/snowiest forecasted night this season (15*f)

I asked my wife and daughters if they wanted to come. They said, have fun dad! Looks like 24 hours to myself with QRP radios!

*Salt Fork POTA Friday-Saturday. I won’t be totally roughing it. My site has electricity and I’m bringing a big electric heater.

Erik
    KE8OKM

KB9GHN and WD4ELG like this.
  12. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

A heater? Really? Wuss. :)

Looks like me an a couple friends might be doing a weekend trip to Flagpole Knob at the end of January. Radio will happen. :)

Most of our camping trips are in the Fall/Winter/Early-Spring months though.

Chris

KE8OKM likes this.