Ham Organization!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD9LFZ, Dec 18, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. NN2X

NN2X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Leah, fantastic! Keep going forward, you will do more to attract young Hams than ARRL, could every do! My son (KI5FJE), Adam is a big fan of yours

NN2X / Tom

KD9LFZ and KF7PBM like this.
  2. N8LI

N8LI Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice video. Good - keep up posting these.

You really do not need much organizing (not much stuff). One needs to start thinking about organizing only when the labeled boxes themselves start getting lost :)

KB3UWC, KD5BVX and KI5AAI like this.
  3. KD9LFZ

KD9LFZ Ham Member QRZ Page

No way, if my dad can beat you at his skill level then imagine trying to beat me at my skill level :) jk you would probably beat me every time in an FT8 competition!

4. KD9LFZ

KD9LFZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I haven't been able to get any of my friends geographically close to me interested, but a lot of my close friends also like flying airplanes and ham radio and technology! I met most of them through the LICW online CW classes!

KI5AAI likes this.
  5. KF6FRR

KF6FRR Ham Member QRZ Page

Type A personality people do not like to waste time. Most ALL type A people will be organized most of the time. Good job Leah. I know you said a "Bag" for the G-90, but how about a small case, like a Yeti hard case. Some on the site will gig me for the suggestion, but, Harbor Freight has a nice selection of hard cases with foam interiors, and not that expensive either. Hard outside for toughness, soft inside for protection of the radio and accessories. Just a thought! 73

N0TZU, KD5BVX and W1YW like this.
  6. KI7WL

KI7WL Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems like a lot of work to have to unpack all those boxes for everything that used to be in your backpack. Why not just put all the HF stuff in its own separate bag? I have found all those boxes with all their packing materials take up far more room.

You also defeated the purpose of a Go Bag. I think over time you will find that father does not always know best :) Being able to bug out at a moments notice can reap invaluable benefit.

It seems to me your dad's system was for a bunch of stuff he has accumulated over the years and is actually not being used currently. But I am betting his actual current station is not all boxed up.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  7. N6KZB

N6KZB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Good enthusiasm, keep at it. ;);););)

KD5BVX likes this.
  8. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

They also have decent selection of small item storage boxes with removable dividers. I’ve got several for things like connector adapters, crimp terminals, parts, etc. Not much to go wrong with a plastic box.

KD5BVX likes this.
  9. N0QIX

N0QIX Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice video. I wish you luck on all your expeditions.
    73 de N0QIX

KD5BVX likes this.
  10. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I save the amber colored prescription medicine bottles, they are handy for storing small parts such as fuses, 4-40 hardware, ring terminals, powerpole parts, etc

KG5THG, KD5BVX and W1YW like this.