Ham Nation - Updating Your Shack & How To Run Ham Sticks

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI6NAZ, Jan 7, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KD5BVX

KD5BVX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

OK, maybe that's true, but he doesn't owe any explanation to anyone. I would have ignored it, as well, as that's not any of our business at all.

As far as the show and Bob leaving, my guess is that the show leaving Twit has to do with Bob leaving the show...not that he decided not to follow the show to the new home. But...it's just Bob so, oh well. Perhaps he just got tired of being tied to it almost weekly. But that is only my guess as this is something else that isn't really our business to know the details, though we can speculate.

2. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Right on.

Yeah, this would have been in 1995 at Lackland AFB in San Antonio. The Navy trained all MAs at our police academy, but used Navy instructors and were trained separate from us. We carried Beretta 92s at the time. You guys carried the 1911s no round in the chamber like the Army MPs did back then too.

One day I got to witness the MAs training on building clearing and that’s when I saw them racking rounds into the chamber before they entered the buildings. It was explained to me that the Navy ay the time and the Army as well considered the chambering of a round a pre-condition to the use of deadly force and therefore did not ever chamber a round unless they believed the use of deadly force was a highly probable, etc..

As AF Security Policeman we trained to carry our pistols with a round in the chamber and off safe at all times when performing LE duties.

3. KE0GXN

Yeah, I agree and that’s why I thanked him and politely informed him his engagement in here would be appreciated. Your right he does not owe me $H1t. But I call it like I see it and rightfully this place allows for that, which makes it unpopular for those who sensitivities are easily offended, which I guess makes this place not well liked by some, hence the remarks about the Zed from some well known tubers. Oh well...

Is what it is with Bob. If you watched HN long enough, you knew were he stood on the subject at hand. And of course George jumped ship too, so...:confused:

Most good internet forums are just that, a place for people to speculate and express opinions about this that and the other. If I wanted to be moderated or coddled to deaf I would just stick to posting in the various ham FB groups....no thanks.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  4. W7GST

W7GST Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like you fellas are getting a bit of subject, but i guess that's to be expected.
    73 W7GST

5. KA3QOT

KA3QOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Have to say I won't miss Bob. I really tired of his shilling for his company: talking from his company warehouse, bragging about his company's new products, etc.

6. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

True, but it had useful purpose. We found common ground and moved along as friends.

W1FVB and KE0GXN like this.
  7. KD5BVX

KD5BVX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You pay no money to watch this particular show. You see an ad or two.

You pay money (most often, unless OTA) to watch TV channels. You see ads.

Clearly this difference was the point I was making as anyone can see.

I will not miss Bob, either; never liked his part on there nor making it out like his mics are the best (I work in audio some; they aren't).

That's why I say I'm hoping Josh can and will encourage a new style, livelier format, and that includes having comments/questions from the chat shared all throughout the show.

But, still, yes, it's free - you are not out any money when you watch HN vs. any other YouTube show unless you choose to pay them money for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2021
  8. KE0GXN

So, what are your thoughts on the topic of this thread being discussed here?

9. KA3CNC

KA3CNC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I see a lot of negative comments about the show from many people .....If you don't like the way its presented ....then don't watch it!!

NC3C and W9MRH like this.
  10. KA3CNC

KA3CNC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

then why watch?

W9MRH likes this.