HAM License Plates or No?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by K7LQT, Aug 30, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KU4X

KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The photo doesn't show the big honking 80-10 screwdriver antenna with capacitance hat attached to the left rear fender well with quality brass/stainless hardware. :D

Regards,
    -Bruce

2. K9DWB

K9DWB Ham Member QRZ Page

I assume NOT POOR means he's not a ham. If he were, he would be poor due to all the radio gear.

3. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Radio gear is considered an “investment” though....;)

By the way welcome to the Zed, where thread drift is not only allowed, but encouraged!:D Sorry you got run off RR...I don’t care for the moderation there either. :rolleyes:

K9DWB likes this.
  4. K9DWB

Makes sense on investing. If nothing else, you use a piece of gear for a while, enjoy it, and then sell to someone else. Rinse and repeat.
    Yep well on RR the one Mod sent message to the effect I had to split your thread again, you need to stay on topic. Well I thought I was, I was talking ham radio. So I figured Mods and I would be in constant dispute of I had to split....so I sent Mod message Basically I guess I said I had to split too. I didn't cuss or throw a fit, just a message back stating about how sorry I was in making him work so hard splitting threads.
    hopefully that wasn't too much QRM

Tony and all here, Sincerely, A Merry New Year and Happy Christmas! ;)

KE0GXN likes this.
  5. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

IMO, this is the best ham radio forum on the internet bar none! Lots a good threads get posted in the Ham Radio Discussions section on here if you ever surf that way and of course there are many other sections on here that may interest you. Don’t sweat RR, at least here you know you are interacting with entirely legit hams and not folks hiding behind screen names and what not, besides life is too short to deal with the mod nonsense over there....o_O I post over there from time to time, but I usually get bored pretty quick there and end up over here.

And yeah, I have had ham plates ever since I earned my ticket. :D

Merry Christmas OM to you and yours as well!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    K9DWB likes this.
  6. KU4X

And RR would be?

(And no ham plates here, either. Have had them in the past with no issues.)

Thanks & regards,
    -Bruce

7. K9DWB

I may get ham plates at some time. I don't know so much if I'll be concerned if some person wants to make an issue of my ham plates. If anyone remembers The A-Team, I have Mr. T riding with me. The one difference the Mr. T I refer to is Mr. Taurus 45. Don't try the crime if you don't want me to toss lead. :)

8. K9DWB

RR? Radio Reference

KU4X likes this.
  9. K9DWB

Hey y'all I just thought of this, if I've gotten my ham vanity plate it'll be K9DWB. What if the officer only can read the first 2 characters, I suppose he's gotta radio in he's wanting info on K9

10. KU4X

Thank you.
    (Never been there.)

Regards,
    -Bruce

KE0GXN likes this.