ad: chuckmartin

HAM License Plates or No?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by K7LQT, Aug 30, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WO1X

WO1X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

8B2FED3A-51F1-4EC6-8C2C-06C703FCCAA6.jpeg
    I guess that my answer would be a yes...

2. N2NJO

N2NJO Ham Member QRZ Page

Why the hell would you want to live there then???
    Sounds as a bunch of "hate bigots".

3. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Another reason I took my call sign plates off is that in my state the standard call sign plate is exactly the same color and lettering color as government plates. With a couple of antennas on my truck it was too often mistaken as being a Sheriff's Dept pickup. In the current environment I did not want that mistake to result in something undesirable.

N5AF likes this.
  4. K0HB

K0HB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My first car, a ‘48 Chev at age 18, carried call plates.

62 years later (Yes, I’m 80) my car (not the same one) still has call plates.

Nothing bad has come of it, but several good things have.

But enjoy your paranoia.

VE8NSD, W7EDC, K9DWB and 2 others like this.
  5. N0ORQ

N0ORQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Went in today to get ham plates for the new used car. The clerk checked and Colorado isn't making any ham plates at this time. She was told they may start making them next year in January and I should check back. This covid panic is affecting everything you can imagine.

6. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And Colorado quit stamping the HAM plates. They only offered the painted version lately. But the price was right. $2 upfront fee and then just normal registration renewal fees thereafter. With all of the registration renewal "fees" in Colorado I'm surprised ham plates were not included.

N0TZU likes this.
  7. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Was just thinking... Did K7LQT ever guess that her August 2013 thread would survive this long? Something of a milestone.

8. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

About to give up my plates. I don't drive enough to warrant paying for car insurance. It's cheaper to call a cab (or Uber) the few times I need a ride.

9. KO4DNM

KO4DNM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Does it bother anyone else that call plates let anyone look you up - it would seem to me like making yourself a target - telling everyone you have expensive equipment and giving them your address (I guess that's what PO boxes are for)?

10. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

If you read back through the whole thread the consensus is 'no'.

Wonder if this guy is a ham?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    KO4DNM and K3XR like this.