ad: vanity

HAM License Plates or No?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by K7LQT, Aug 30, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. VE3GCX

VE3GCX Ham Member QRZ Page

Too long.
    Mosts provinces/States limit you to 8 chrs including spaces.:(

2. AI1G

AI1G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In Massachusetts, they stopped issuing HAM plates, after the new computer upgrade last September (2019).........but they never notified the numbers of people who have applied for HAM plates since then.......the new computer has " A GLITCH IN IT", I was told yesterday, SEPT 2. 2020.
    A year after the upgrade they can't tell me when my 6 month old application will be processed.

3. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey if the State of Massachusetts thought you "needed" a ham license they would have issued you one. :D Hams are not a priority...never have been. :(

4. K1XH

K1XH Ham Member QRZ Page

Free in Vermont. (normal registration fees apply)

5. KM4JZJ

KM4JZJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I got mine within a couple of weeks here in Kentucky.

6. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

This thread started in August 2013 has certainly stood the test of time.

KC0KEK likes this.
  7. K9DWB

K9DWB Ham Member QRZ Page

I've looked into getting my license plate with vanity call on it. Not decided either for or against it yet, but definitely not now. Ham allowance blown for Sept. already with an external antenna and coax.

8. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

Virginia still $1.00 Annually

9. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

That is only effective if you have never listed your current address with your license before using a PO Box. Otherwise your address is still listed in the database in the previous record prior to the administrative update. Otherwise you have concealed nothing.

10. W7IMM

W7IMM Ham Member QRZ Page

It has indeed!

It should be sent in it's entirety to a Psychology PhD applicant to study and write a dissertation on. It would be EPIC!

K3XR likes this.