HAM License Plates or No?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by K7LQT, Aug 30, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

As I posted earlier...

The address you provide in the ULS (and therefore the one that on your QRZ page) does NOT have to be your home address. It's just a MAILING address. You can use the address of a relative, friend, business, P.O box, etc. Any address at which you can receive mail in the event that the FCC sends you some.

ยง97.23 Mailing address.
    Each license grant must show the grantee's correct name and mailing address. The mailing address must be in an area where the amateur service is regulated by the FCC and where the grantee can receive mail delivery by the United States Postal Service. Revocation of the station license or suspension of the operator license may result when correspondence from the FCC is returned as undeliverable because the grantee failed to provide the correct mailing address.
    [emphasis added]

;)

2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

not worried a bit

[​IMG]

WD4ELG likes this.
  3. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What, no electrification? No guard towers?

Amateur!

4. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

But they all have computers in there! You can't deprive them of their rights!
    I heard that Hotels/motels were using prison inmates to run their reservation departments at one time until the word got out...folks didn't much care for giving their credit card # to an inmate. Folks stopped using their reservation departments. I myself prefer to call the hotel/motel directly. Sometimes you get a better price that way!

When you deal with Expedia it may be their San Quentin division!

5. KN4ULD

KN4ULD Ham Member QRZ Page

I think next plate renewal I'm going call sign. It's already displayed publicly. If someone wants to look me up because I have a vanity plate their problems are bigger than mine.

6. K7MYR

K7MYR Ham Member QRZ Page

In all the years that I actually had "Ham" plates on a car, I never met anyone (other than another Ham) that even remotely knew what they meant.

I don't have them now though (for maybe obvious reasons)

7. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

ok heres mine, had it for years. If memory is good, the gov't gave us these for the regular price.
    Some ask what it means. I think at one time if you were mobile you needed to display your callsign. CB'rs & hams had those gold stickers from hardware stores stuck on windows or the car body.
    This sure beats those thick metalic stickers.

upload_2020-1-2_7-42-33.png

8. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

[QUOTE="VE3CGA, post: 5311336, member: 570570"I think at one time if you were mobile you needed to display your callsign. [/QUOTE]

Perhaps in Canada, but not in The States...at least not in the four-plus decades that I've been a ham. ;)

9. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

[QUOTE="KS2G, post: 5311366, member: 199882"

Perhaps in Canada, but not in The States...at least not in the four-plus decades that I've been a ham. ;)[/QUOTE]

thats the time frame back in the 60's

10. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Psst, 1960 was 60 years ago. I know, hard to believe, ain't it?

K3XR likes this.