ad: Radclub22-1

Ham in MS needs our help

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N5KBP, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N5KBP

N5KBP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

W5FMJ, Roger Mallette of Bay St. Louis MS needs our help. Bay St. Louis does not exist anymore. He has suffered through the destruction of his home and the death of his beloved pet. All that while suffering from gall stones that could not be removed due to Katrina and the aftermath. His sister tells me the only thing he got out with were the clothes on his back and his bird and the bird was killed in an accident. I don't know what he needs but he is in the hospital now recovering from gall bladder surgery. I have never met Roger and we only have 1 incomplete deal (incomplete due to Katrina) here on QTH. But he is a fellow ham in need and I thought I would let you all know. I'm sure any help or just some encouraging words would be appreciated. You can contact his sister at 601-259-9705.

Thanks and God Bless

Marty Duplissey
    N5KBP

2. WA2ZDY

WA2ZDY Guest

Ummmm . . . why is this W5FMJ listed as being in Colorado since 2001? I think this question deserves attention in view of this plea for assistance.

3. N5KBP

N5KBP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I understand your scepticism.

First he is not requesting anything. He is not even aware of my plea for him.

Second I KNOW I sent payment for a deal off QTH.com to

Roger Mallette
    228 Arcola Dr.
    Bay St. Louis, MS. 39520

Third I KNOW I spoke with his sister today and got the story.

If you do a google on his name you will find he apparently was a gun dealer in CO. But when you call the number it has been rassigned to someone else. I assume he left CO to get closer to his family and has not notified the FCC yet. His sister told me his mother and her both live in Hattiesburgh MS.

So take it for what it's worth. I would not have put the plea out if I was not 100% positive he needed it. Again he nor his sister knows anything about this. I am doing this entirely on my own. So if it is a scam then look at me.

Marty Duplissey
    N5KBP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.