HAM IN A DAY TRAINING

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio License Test Schedules' started by N5MKY, Sep 1, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. N5MKY

N5MKY Ham Member QRZ Page

Become an Amateur Radio Operator or Upgrade your license to General or Advanced

When: Saturday, September 17 at 9am

Where: Emmett Charter Township Public Safety, Cliff Street, Emmett Township, MI

What is provided?: Coffee and a Breakfast Snack and Pizza for lunch. The test will be given at 3pm, so from 9-3pm, you will be given study materials.

$35 includes food, study materials and test

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I'd be really curious how that works exactly.... ???

Dave
    W7UUU

3. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Time machine, silly.

AK5B likes this.
  4. KU4X

KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And the study materials were really cheap on e-bay...

Of course, these ham-in-a-day sessions give QRZ a big crop of newbies that provide us no limit of technically-challenging questions, such as "Where can I find my license info?" and "How do I build a diapole with 6x gain?"

Oh well...

Regards,
    -Bruce
    KA1NOS

5. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Pretty cool idea, have you considered advertising this elsewhere. On this site many already have their license and are already in the groove to get one.

6. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

wow - Was this posted by one of the "instructors"? I always associated Ham In A Day with going from unlicensed to Tech in one session. But what the heck is this?

I would gladly help anyone interested in preparing for any amateur class exam, but I would never touch a Ham In A Day situation. I expect more commitment than that from my students.

KQ9J and KU4X like this.
  7. G7TGY

G7TGY Ham Member QRZ Page

QUOTE="AB3TQ, post: 3973321, member: 684537"]...I would gladly help anyone interested in preparing for any amateur class exam, but I would never touch a Ham In A Day situation. I expect more commitment than that from my students.[/QUOTE]

How about for someone like me who has a non FCC license but would like to return to the hobby here in the USA?

TGY

KB9K likes this.
  8. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Since you have sat for a test and been licensed in the UK you really shouldn't find any difficulty obtaining a US license. Free food, a convenient venue is probably worth the cost.
    I think many of us have a problem with simply hosing down people off the street and handing them a Baofeng and telling them they are now a real HAM.