ad: Flexradio-1

Ham Gets 30 Days in the Slammer for On Air Harassment

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N1FM, Jun 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

The victim statement that gave rise to the Order of Protection from Stalking and Harassment reads as follows:

The stalking behavior from Michael Mgrdichian began in 2016. I filed a complaint with the FCC over Mr. Mgrdichian's racially abusive language on the ham radio. Once Mr. Mgrdichian discovered this, he began to harass me over the ham radio system and call my supervisor. Mr. Mgrdichian wanted my employer to "do something" about me, Mr. Mgrdichian said I was HIV+, said he was going after my pension, saying "anything can happen" to me. Mr. Mgrdichian said he walked up on me at the Pro Bassmaster's event several weeks ago and described my tattoo, described the layout of my home and property. Mr. Mgrdichian even said he's been to my job site, walked up on me in downtown Knoxville and has flown a drone over my home. I have repeatedly asked him to leave me alone, and blocked all of his email addresses. He has verbally abused me on the radio. I need him to leave me alone and not come around me.

The Protection Order was granted by the 4th Circuit judge in TN. Next, evidence was presented that Mgrdichian violated the order. Evidence of recordings and several email accounts used for harassment and stalking were discussed, as described in the complaint. Recordings were played. The judge accepted the recordings but the emails were written under the pseudonym "Ben Dover" and since there were no subpoenas issued, provenance could not be verified. Trial was set.

Michael J. Mgrdichian was found guilty of three separate violations of the Protection Order, and the victim proved the violations beyond a reasonable doubt. Mgrdichian was sentenced to 30 days in jail with 10 to serve, based on future performance. He filed a post sentencing Rule 35 motion apologizing and asking for leniency. Apparently, in the motion, and at another hearing, he said he believed the victim brandished a weapon and that he definitely pushed him off his three wheeled scooter. The official videotape from outside the jail and courtroom, and a statement from a Lieutenant, describing a complaint by Mgrdichian saying his scooter encountered a bump in the pavement, shows that the victim did no such thing.

This potential perjury charge and the email issues may be one of the subjects addressed in the remand. The judge denied the Rule 35 motion, questioning Mgrdichian's credibility, and stating the jail was well equipped to handle all of Mgrdichian's special needs.

Mgrdichian appealed, through counsel this time, saying the court had no jurisdiction over ham radio and that he didn't know he was facing three separate criminal counts with jail time attached. He also said the judge had no jurisdiction to restrict his use of ham radio because that is preempted by FCC rules. The appeals court affirmed the trial court's authority, affirmed the 30 day sentence, and ordered a remand for further issues as deemed necessary, and they taxed all costs to Mgrdichian.

I suppose there could be a potential criminal perjury issue, potential use of email for criminal harassment issue, and a potential sentence enhancement for bias issue, if he's found guilty of any criminal issues on remand, but only the judge knows what he will want to explore.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    W7HT and N8ZI like this.
  2. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

98% of the entire world's media is owned and operated by the same group. They will never provide accurate or honest reporting. Their fabricated fiction is used as an indoctrination tool for the weak minded.

No matter which channel you chose, the same delusional drivel, deceptive hoaxes and outright lies will be forced upon the viewer until they believe it.

That same group also owns and controls Hollywood, movies, music, entertainment and education for the same purposes.

One targets the adults while the other goes after the youths.

They are in bed with half the politicians as well. That way laws can be changed to suit their deviant agendas.

The best news is that more and more become awoke every day. This scares those miscreants as they lose grip on the citizens. That is the reason for the world's turmoil. The undesirables are going to prison or being kicked to the curb and are fighting back by all means necessary.

But enough about that. Dont want to cross QRZ's rules and get booted.
    Back to being radio-active.

KT4RC, K0PV/SK2023 and KK4NSF like this.
  3. AA5H

AA5H Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There is a station on FT8 that occasionally sends me fake calls from juicy sounding DX stations, been going on for the past four months. I initially took the bait a few times, but now I take a closer look at who is calling; most time there is a format error or the grid is wrong, other times the DXCC calling is downright silly (North Korea). He covers his tracks pretty good by adding/lowering time delay and SNR to mask his location, but I've narrowed it down to shortlist of possible stations.

4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

"Uhhh...and that 'group' is..."

?

Are you referring (see below for example)to this commonly espoused and amazingly wrong stereotype, or do you have some factual evidence of the above for some other 'group'?

Name the group.

Chip W1YW
    -------------------------------------------------

https://www.theatlantic.com/nationa...nestly-asks-do-jews-control-the-media/339893/

WA5VGO and K7JEM like this.
  5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Enquiring minds like mine want to know...as per 'N8ZI' assertion--

Do 'we' assume that FOXnews and CNN (both outlets with diametrically opposing views)are--say it ..say it...-- "OWNED AND OPERATED BY THE SAME GROUP"?

If so, who runs the 'project management'?

Hmmm?

6. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

87% of statistics posted in forums are just made up on the spot.

W7HT likes this.
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

..and by sheer coincidence, is exactly the vicious stereotype dumped on a 'group'....

WQ4G likes this.
  8. N8ZI

The same applies to media outlets, except the percentages are higher.

K3XR likes this.
  9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Time to name the group Tom.

WQ4G likes this.
  10. VE3GCX

VE3GCX Ham Member QRZ Page

The Murdoch family trusts owns 39% of Fox.
    Turner Broadcasting owns CNN which is Owned by Warner Media which is owned by AT&T. what might be more interesting is who sits on the board of directors and what other corporate boards they also sit on.

11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly. Sounds like a diverse set of owners.

You understand that board members, in a public company, are prevented by the SEC from being on competitor boards....ergo not the same board members.

Now: what is this 'group'?

Interestingly, even Murdoch plays into the vicious and wrong stereotype of 'group'...

https://www.cnn.com/2012/11/19/opinion/kurtz-murdoch-tweets/index.html

And yet, taking N8ZI's 'group' assertion, Murdoch is 'one of the club' it would seem.

So, for clarification Tom, N8ZI, again:

Who is this 'group'?

The hundreds of thousands of individual and pension-based shareholders of ATT for example?

12. N8ZI

• CBS/MTV/Paramount Pictures/Viacom is owned by Murray Rothstein (aka Sumner Redstone).

• NBC/Universal Studios is owned by Brian Roberts, with Jeff Zucker, as president.

• ABC/Disney is run by Robert Iger, who is Chairman & CEO.

• CNN/Time Magazine is primarily owned by Aviv Nevo.

• FOX News/Wall Street Journal/New York Post/20th Century Fox is owned by Rupert Murdoch

• The New York Times is owned by the Sulzberger family, the major influence behind Columbia University. Arthur Sulzberger Jr is current Chairman of The NY Times.

• Numerous Newspapers & Magazines throughout North America are owned by the Newhouse family.

The Counsel on Foreign Relations CFR, National Public Radio NPR and Public Broadcasting Service PBS are all operated by the same group of people.
    Same goes for social media and YouTube.

13. N8ZI

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation CBC showed some semblance of journalism until Marc Starowitz took over.

I used to sneak in my parents room and grab their portable TV to watch Benny Hill late at night. That was back in the 70's and it was broadcast from across the river in Windsor, Ontario Canada.

14. W5GX

W5GX Ham Member QRZ Page

WA8MEA and N8ZI like this.
  15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

So...this is hardly a 'group' with an organized agenda as you assert. It's a short list of competing entities, which cater to the public. They in fact, compete, in a free market system, and are usually at ODDS with one another.

Furthermore, as (with the )public companies, they are not 'owned' by the individuals you so name. For example, pension funds are by far the biggest aggregate 'owner' of this list.

Chairman/CEO's are tasked with delivering a product and or service with profitability. Their boards set those tasks, on behalf of the shareholders. So (you) naming the CEO's implies some strong aspect of 'group'ing to you. Can you tell us what it is? Did they all attend Ivy League schools is the conspiracy? What is their 'protocol' there Tom?

What exactly is the coherency that 'allows' you to assert them as a 'group'? What is the common thread and 'agenda'?

Is this how you describe pension funds Tom?

Please help us out with additional clarity.

Chip W1YW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.