ad: Radclub22-1

Ham Gets 30 Days in the Slammer for On Air Harassment

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N1FM, Jun 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

Whoa! Was this an ARRL accredited wacker? Surely he wasn't really affiliated with RACES?

Edit:

Oh, I see....

"Mr. Kurck was dressed in tan tactical pants and black polo which is extremely similar to the uniform that we wear at the Sheriff's Office. Mr. Kurck stated that he is a civil process server and was headed to the high school to serve a civil paper. Mr. Kurck stated he works for himself but this was his first paper to serve. Mr. Kurck was convicted of aggravated assault in 2008 and isn't allowed to serve civil process papers in the State of Arkansas. Mr. Kurck stated that he worked for ADEM. After checking with ADEM it was learned that Mr. Kurck was only an amateur radio operator for them. ADEM requested that we seize the radio and his ADEM identification card."

https://www.qrz.com/db/kf5dnu
    https://www.qrz.com/db/wa5jk

https://groups.io/g/KA9QJG-REPEATER...,0,0::recentpostdate/sticky,,,20,2,0,72636677

https://www.voofla.com/US/Jacksonville/143338149071538/Kurck-Training,-Inc.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    WA8MEA and N8ZI like this.
  2. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Watch the video. He mentions being a Amateur radio operator and ARES yet had great difficulty
    remembering what the acronym stood for.

Multiple impersonating police offenses in different counties in Arkansas and did jail time for said offenses yet is still a licensed Amateur radio operator and still listed on QRZ.

1 person likes this.
  3. KJ7TCW

KJ7TCW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the links. I am fascinated by these folks and the mental gymnastics they go through to convince themselves that they are justified. And how surprised they seem to be when nobody else believes them.

N8ZI and (deleted member) like this.
  4. KF0G

KF0G Ham Member QRZ Page

why are people with mental issues put in jail ?
    is the judge that stupide, still ? or lazy ?
    or maybe, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results...….

5. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad. Not enough mental hospitals, money, or staffing, and the majority of prisoners are mentally ill at any given time.
    The jails and prisons are the new mental hospitals.

If you believe PBS:

In state prisons, 73 percent of women and 55 percent of men have at least one mental health problem.
    In federal prisons, 61 percent of women and 44 percent of men.
    In local jails, 75 percent of women and 63 percent of men.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/numbers-mental-illness-behind-bars

KF4ZKU likes this.
  6. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

stupid is as stupid does

KF4ZKU, WQ4G and (deleted member) like this.
  7. W9ZEP

W9ZEP Ham Member QRZ Page

8. AA5H

AA5H Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

His attempt of using amateur radio is a laughable defense, obviously Pro se legal representation.

- Is the story relevant to Amateur Radio? - from a legal aspect no, the communication itself is relevant, but not the medium used; it doesn't matter whether he used amateur radio, a cellphone, or smoke signals.

- Is the story interesting to other amateur radio operators? - That's a subjective question - based on the number of generated replies I would AGREE with you that it IS interesting - but relevant, no.

WN1MB likes this.
  9. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Jails and prisons create vast revenue and insure Law enforcement, judges, attorneys and prison employees draw large incomes. The more incarcerated, the larger the paychecks.

Now that jails and prisons are becoming more corporate owned, the worse the problem will become. Those corporate heads will provide kickbacks to judges that swing the guilty gavel.

The medical field isn't much different. Since Doctors, clinics, hospitals and big pharma reap multiple trillions a year off sick people, do you honestly think they want you healthy. The massive amounts of class action lawsuits should answer that question.

KA0TIX, WQ4G and K7GYB like this.
  10. KJ4DGE

KJ4DGE Ham Member QRZ Page

I still don't get the gist of what occurred other than stated harassment, stalking etc via radio and emails. I guess you cannot "spin the dial" with email harassment other than to block the sender. Maybe I didn't read through all the court docs but really who has the time or inclination to harass someone over the radio? I too have heard LIDS on 75/80 meters and the clowns on 7.200 who cuss and carry on which you CAN turn the dial on. Whatever happened to HAM etiquette? I guess if you get warped enough or drunk enough a person can feel entitled to harass just about anyone in anyway.

Doesn't say much for recruiting new HAMs into the fold.

KT4RC and K7GYB like this.
  11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I rarely get on sideband because of the nonsense.

K0PV/SK2023 likes this.
  12. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

On a lighter note... I just wanna know... if you trick Mr. Mgrdichian into saying his name backwards, does he return to his own dimension?
    hqdefault.jpg

Wow, what a name. He must have to spell that every time he says it. And I still wouldn't get it. :)

13. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

There was a guy on our local repeater that was harassing me back in the 80's and it got so bad that amateur aux would do nothing and the repeater committee thought it was funny. Well, I stayed off that repeater for 5 years and came back after only have the harassment start up again, only this time a friend that was working for the local PD and a ham also put a stop to his harassment. This guy would jam me every chance he could get and one night he was jamming me and some others on the local repeater when i heard my ham cop friend do a traffic stop on the scanner and after that night, never heard from that guy that was harassing on the local repeater ever again.

WN1MB likes this.
  14. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I also wonder about the details. What was the disagreement over? Did the Jailed ham beat the other out in a FT8 Pileup? I know that anger. Maybe one was a LIB and the other Conservative. Or maybe it had something to do with all the Sex offences the Perp is convicted of. Was a victim the daughter of the harrassed?

I am very NOZY!! and want to know. I do know that Sue is in an ongoing battle with a person on a repeater who disagrees with her point of view. Thats what led to her being booted off of QRZed. She gets very mad at people! I pray she never gets that mad at me!!

In todays world, people get very ANGERED and express outrage. Like what is going on with all the current RIOTS. Some people just have NO SELF CONTROL! They need to be in a Straight Jacket and in a padded rubber room!

15. VE3GCX

VE3GCX Ham Member QRZ Page

Your PBS, like our CBC and the UK's BBC do receive money from the taxpayers but as those governmen increasing dislike what they say, that funding has been cutback and they have been forced to seek other forms of funding. PBS may be struggling to maintain their independence, but they are. You only get a few minutes of sponsorship info at the beginning and end. of the programming

Local papers are a joke. We used to have 2 dailies in Montreal. One closed decades ago the other seems to consist of solely of AP, and Reuters articles with no local reporting, Business reporting is reprints of the Toronto Financial Post. (Same owner)
    Radio stations same thing. It seems that they buy their programming prepackaged from content suppliers and stuff it with local ads
    Commerical TV, Average hour of TV is only 38-42 minutes the rest is advertising. Noticed TV show in general don't have theme song anymore. that is so that they can sell an extra 3 minutes of ads

Maybe we need to breakup the large media conglomerates.

K0PV/SK2023 and N8ZI like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.