...Ham Club Post Meeting Business...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KA2UFP, Dec 7, 2017 at 1:12 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

All the clubs I belong to do the Pledge!!!

NL7W and K3XR like this.
  2. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Two clubs, one does and one does not.

NL7W likes this.
  3. W4IOA

W4IOA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I believe in respect for the flag and America. And Hawaiian pizza.

NL7W likes this.
  4. KK4YWN

KK4YWN Ham Member QRZ Page

pfft. candied pizza. get real man.

5. W4IOA

W4IOA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

HERESY! TO THE GALLEY WITH YOU!

6. WU8Y

WU8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

That's what I do when visiting my XYL's home and they play the anthem or whatever.

In the US, I've been told that it's actually illegal for a non-citizen to say or do anything, such as saying the Pledge, which implies that they are a citizen. Again, this affects my XYL when we're here.

7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Truly an interesting and thought-provoking observation and comment. Nice post

Dave
    W7UUU

8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think soccer is a really good sport and it took America a long time to figure this out while the rest of the world played it really well.

Tennis, golf, lots of stuff didn't start here but Americans got pretty good at it. Cricket is an amazing sport that didn't catch on here, but I watch it on international TV shows from the U.K., India and lots of places -- geesh, it's weird. But fun to watch. Never tried playing it.

Lots of fun sports to watch. And some to play!

9. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Really?
    Mixing politics with hobby AKA tit for tat.
    One more reason not to join.

10. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Get a dose of reality - if the rituals leader calls for pledge does he rally forcing you or just putting you on the spot if you "take a knee".
    After all the club primary role is a social group thriving on peer pressure - I got 320 DX confirmed and you have ONLY 319... style.