...Ham Club Post Meeting Business...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KA2UFP, Dec 7, 2017 at 1:12 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA2UFP

KA2UFP Ham Member QRZ Page

...Post Ham Club Business...does your club resite ...Pledge of Alliance...Consenus Wanted...Thank You...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 1:23 PM
  2. KC3DBO

KC3DBO Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes we do !

3. KA2UFP

KA2UFP Ham Member QRZ Page

thank you...^5

4. N8KC

N8KC Ham Member QRZ Page

We never have.. 35 yr old club of about 100.

5. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

That's for YOUR club to decide.

WA7PRC likes this.
  6. N2PPK

N2PPK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Our club does before getting any business started.

K3XR likes this.
  7. K0MB

K0MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Really?

KQ9J likes this.
  8. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Club?

KQ9J likes this.
  9. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Every time I visit , as a non member, THEY do.
    Last time there was no flag to salute to so one member held up iPhone with the flag on screen.
    I have pledged alliance when I revived my certificate of citizenship, so I figured pledging once is plenty.
    As one poster stated "it is up to your club" to do the rituals.
    For me - I do not partake in rituals, I expect some "meat and potatoes" as an incentive to join the club.
    This year it has been vegetarian with some stale potatoes as "agenda" - emcomm - when the "presentation" was billed as "(All about ) Smith chart".

73 Shirley

PS
    I have a pending demonstration of WWII handy talkie , but so far "the club" is not interested.
    Maybe I'll check out another one...or not.

10. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What a bunch of snarky answers!! :)

Our club, Radio Club of Tacoma, W7DK, begins with the Pledge of Allegiance. We then move on to welcoming new members or visitors, then self-introductions. After that we cover "Health and Welfare" - silent keys and illnesses to be reported. After that we have the Secretary's Report, and the Treasurer's report. Then comes the various committee reports: Membership, Training, VE Report, HF Operations Report (we own our clubhouse, with multiple HF station positions), Repeater Operations, and then the IT report (we have a pretty involved clubhouse network). Next we have our Museum Committee Report (our clubhouse has a full museum documenting our 101-year history). Then Facilities Management, Property Management, and lastly the 4th Wednesday Activity Night announcement.

Next comes any New Business. After that we launch into a 30-40 minute Program on any number of ham topics. After the program we have Unfinished Business and Announcements, followed by a Show and Tell. Then we do "Tuning and Traffic" - any notable operating topics by members. We close with a Door Prize and Raffle Prize drawing before adjournment.

So there ya go - that's how we do it.

Dave
    W7UUU
    President, Radio Club of Tacoma W7DK

NL7W, AF7XT, N2EY and 8 others like this.