ad: MLSons-1

Ham Arrested at NC Airport

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4PG, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K4UUG

K4UUG Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  2. W0RM

W0RM Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually the laws vary considerably by State. For instance, where I live it is perfectly legal to carry a loaded handgun into an airport (assuming you have a license to carry to begin with), as long as you don't pass through a security checkpoint with it.

I read yesterday that in NC airport terminals are no carry zones but parking lots are not. I believe this to be true otherwise that charge surely would have been added to his charges.

Some States do not restrict carry into schools for people with a permit, and many leave the government and municipal building restrictions up to the local town or county to decide about their own property.

www.handgunlaw.us

3. KC8ONR

KC8ONR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

http://www.wtov9.com/news/23278086/detail.html

He was fined for a blue light violation here in the Ohio Valley 4 years ago. They could not prove he did anything wrong so they only got him for the blue light violation.

Dan

Kc8onr

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  4. N0RMZ

N0RMZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I keep hearing this in this thread...and it's predecessor...and it's not true, and hasn't been for about 20 years...you're required to be licensed, you're not required to carry that license.

Now, it's probably a good idea, but I've forgotten my "wallet sized" version at home before (chiefly because as we all know, you should laminate it, and once you do, it ISN'T wallet sized anymore) and not worried about it too much -- because I'm not breaking the rules if I operate.

5. KR4D

KR4D Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.