hallicrafters SR-2000 time delay relay?

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by WA6MHZ, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Bet ya have the manual read by now...
    As I remember that radio used a pair of RCA 8122s
    I hope they are good...

2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

yeah, 900 watts outta the radio itself.

3. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Very impressive.
    :)

4. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's an Amperite thermal time-delay relay. I've used them in the Southgate rigs since the Type 5.

What is the exact Amperite part number from the manual?

5. N2EY

In what mode? (Remember, the SR-2000 is from the days when ham rigs were rated by DC input, not RF output).

Yes, it runs a pair of 8122s - but what power the tank components and power supply will do is a different issue.

6. N2EY

For more than you probably want to know about Amperite thermal time-delay relays, see QST for May, 1995, page 84 (Hints and Kinks).

If it has a 115 volt heater, 90 second delay, normally open contact and in 9 pin miniature, the Amperite part number would be 115NO90T

115 volt heater
    Normally Open contact
    90 second delay
    miniaTure envelope

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  7. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for that number. The number isn't in the Hallicrafters manual, which is why I posted
    this thread. Now I just need to find one somewhere!

8. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I see RF PARTS has them for $50! OUCH! That hurts! Will look around and see if any are available anywhere cheaper

9. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I am quite aware of the rating system. I actually owned and operated a Hurricane.

MHZ,..... I don't know if he is still around, but, K9AXN may be able to help you with parts / ect.

10. KI6NQT

KI6NQT Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't want to spend that kind of money for a delAy tube, wired in a timer circuit and done. I have fun with my sr, has been pretty reliable and quiet a receiver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.