Hallicrafters HT32 Relay

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by N7FCC, Oct 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N7FCC

N7FCC Ham Member QRZ Page

Any help on replacing the internal transmit relay in Hallicrafters HT32?

Have tried quite a few for rated voltage but can’t get one to working. Any suggestion on getting a good replacement. Original is missing and unable to determine any resistance of replay. All seems ok with relaytube .

Thanks for any leads or ideas.

73 de Jeff N7FCC

2. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What model HT-32 do you have?

I was able to find the manuals for the HT-32A and the HT-32MkI on the BAMA site.....and the part numbers for the relay are different. One is 3PDT and the other 4PDT.

73 de Jim, N2EY

3. WD0GOF

WD0GOF Ham Member QRZ Page

The same VOX relay was used in the 32's, 37 and SR-150. It was used in a lot of ham gear. The Potter/Brumfield # is MH-3665-1. It is listed as a 120vdc relay with a coil resistance of 9K ohms. It is a 4 pole with 3 double throw contact sets and 1 single through contact set. The P/B #MH-3665 is a 4 pole double throw and can be used.

If you have to substitute with a modern relay. the key specs are; 9K ohm coil and approximately 120vdc working voltage. The relay coil provides the plate load for V17 pin 1.

73 WD0GOF

N2EY likes this.
  4. N7FCC

N7FCC Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you both for your help...the parts list on the schematic left me wondering.

The PB info very helpful...want to get this beast up on AM. Have gone through all the R.F. stages and then hit the wall with this.

Need to go through my SX101 next, that I have had since the 60’s .... been in storage for over 30 yrs .....still a novice boatanchorologist...but lovin’ it!

Thanks

73 de Jeff, N7FCC