Hah! Look at today's qrz.com featured user - its the Dawg!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by NN3W, May 4, 2021 at 4:28 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow, Mikey is looking good for an OT.:D I knew him in the 80's when he lived here in northern VA.

3. KD2UHF

KD2UHF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

4. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Have to admit - I agree.

5. N1FM

N1FM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Lol...

"Seeking analog sensibility in the digital era. Tired of listening to poorly educated elderly white men talk about decades old radios and their weather report?"

https://wa4d.radio/

Mikey looks (and sounds) like James Carville...

6. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

WA Four Democracy.

7. KA4DPO

I guess he moved back here to Virginia. He used to live in Alexandria, VA, and moved to California sometime around 2005. Looks like he moved back here around 2013 or so. I always found Mike to be an interesting guy, very intelligent, and a sharp engineer. I was not to keen on his stint with the net war on 14.213.

That got him into some hot water with the FCC, but they eventually worked it out. His website is interesting, but I'm not too sure how often he updates is. I still have a picture of him standing in front of the FCC holding an American flag.

8. N1FM

N1FM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A flag and a copy of his check to the FCC wasn't it?

He was one of the first guys I ever heard on 40m making fun of the traffic nets.

Looks like he updated his site on April 24th. He's still highly critical of ARRL.

https://wa4d.radio/2021/04/24/are-black-people-welcome-at-hamcation-2022-video/

He admitted liability for some FCC related shenanigans, willful and malicious interference based on
    FCC monitoring on 7257 and 7258 kHz in late 1992, and paid $2,000 for the Forfeiture Order.

ARRL Bulletin 91 ARLB091
    From ARRL Headquarters
    Newington CT August 25, 1993
    To all radio amateurs
    SB QST ARL ARLB091
    ARLB091 FCC fines WA4D

Sounds like the same old DAWG, with the same old spiel, every time I hear him.

W9RAC, K0UO and KA4DPO like this.
  9. KA4DPO

Yep, I'll post it if I can dig it out. It's in on of my boxes o crap in the basement.:D

10. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

He doesn't look like the bounty hunter. Where's the long hair & sunglasses?