ad: Retevis-1

Hadrian's Wall 1900 Festival Special Event Station

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by M0MNE, Jan 12, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. M0MNE

M0MNE Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

There will be two special event stations GB1900HA and GB1900HW running throughout the year 2022 to commemorate 1900 years since the building of Hadrian’s Wall, the Northern frontier of the mighty Roman Empire and which was the inspiration for the Wall in George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones.

Austin Vaughan (M0MNE) and Roy Nicholson (M0TKF) will be operating the stations from their locations near the Wall and will be active throughout the year on the HF and VHF bands in voice, CW and digital modes. The special event station is officially be part of the Hadrian's Wall 1900 Festival where hundreds of events and activities will be taking place in a yearlong festival across Hadrian’s Wall. #hw1900 #hadrianswall

QSL Via Logbook of the World and Club Log OQRS.

Further info at: https://1900.hadrianswallcountry.co...all-1900-special-event-amateur-radio-station/

Email us: hw1900radio@gmail.com

Austin and Roy
    M0MNE and M0TKF

KP4SX and WW2PT like this.
  2. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Roman and British history are two of my interests, especially when they intersect. GL and thanks for doing this. I’ll watch out for you folks.

M0MNE likes this.
  3. M0MNE

M0MNE Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks! I hope we can have a QSO on the radio. We will be on the radio for the first time on HF on 24th January from Arbeia Roman Fort, in South Shields to start off the festival so listen out for us. All the best and 73!

WW2PT likes this.