HA-10 Warrior Panel Meter

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by N2TC, May 11, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
  1. N2TC

N2TC Ham Member QRZ Page

Have a dummy load on the output. The input is floating, which is what it would be doing in operation with the TR relay in receive mode. I did just find something, though, which explains the failure to get a HV read -- the lead from the rectrifiers to the bleeder was broken. Fixing it as we speak. Not sure if that would contribute to the oscillation or not, but hopefully it will clear the meter issue.

2. N2TC

N2TC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, that fixed the meter. It reads 200 v lower than my HV probe but that really doesn't matter. Will put suppressors back in later (already changed out tubes) and hope it doesn't take off.

3. N2TC

N2TC Ham Member QRZ Page

And yes, I meant parasitic suppressors ("chokes" is easier to type!)

4. N2TC

N2TC Ham Member QRZ Page

With American tubes rock stable on all bands and all tuning capacitor settings. Have enough USA spares for this and my 30L-1 but will keep an eye out for more - will avoid Russian tubes from now on and don't even mention Chinese!

N2EY likes this.
  5. KI4ZNV

KI4ZNV Ham Member QRZ Page

The higher gain-bandwidth product of the russian tubes is a feature and not a bug. It will take more work to get them stable on older designs but you will get more output on higher bands.
    --scott

6. N2TC

N2TC Ham Member QRZ Page

You may be right, but the amount of increased power I might get is likely of no consequence in terms of perceived signal strength and just not worth the trouble. Besides, I'm driving this thing with a GSB-100 (6DQ5 final) so I'm never going to see rated output anyway... ...and that's just OK with me.