H40T no sign of them

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by NZ5F, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There is alotta DX on right now, and the pileups are overlapping. Last night, the H40T was listenning up 2 which was right where the XR0YG was transmitting. The H40T callers were drowning out the Easter Is! Some of the XR0 callers were calling DOWN mixing up with the H40! The DX are confused as they don't know which station the stateside ops are calling. Also in the mess was the T2GM. For such a WIDE WIDE band, the DX seem to clump all up together.

2. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Pat,

The same thing was happening last night on 12cw...all three were on at once and overlapping. Made the H40T contact even more interesting,

Bill

3. VK2TRK

VK2TRK Ham Member QRZ Page

spoke to the boys via skype, they left today at 0230utc

cheers
    Ralph 5w0w/h44rk

4. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Have ya ever thot of getting a really neat receiver ? (like a SX-88 or sumthin') with some really narrow filters installed?? Those old AR-3's & S-38's just can't cut it. BTW; Will "W6D" be active again this trip to Dayton???

5. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't think I will do the W6D this year. Last year, I got alotta cards for the September Route 66 activation of W6D. And propogation is way down, so I will be lucky to make ANY contacts this year. I will have the car radio-ACTIVE nevertheless. APRS as usual, that is working great.
    Look for WA6MHZ this year on 20 and 40 meters. I am trying to find a Little Tarheel antenna in the meantime. Would like to get a DEAL on one instead of paying the $500 new price for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.