H-T Speaker.

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by WA9SVD, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

That's might nice of you. Yes, the snalil mail address is good, and I'll ship back a few greenbacks for your trouble.
    BTW, "sound quality" in a 2 Meter H-T seems to be an oxymoron.:D

2. AC0FP

AC0FP Ham Member QRZ Page

As for sound quality you are correct with this small of a speaker, however, there are small differences that may influence the decision of American engineers. Let me know which one sounds the best to you (PM).

The post office guy told me they no longer use "pony express" and mail is now using "Iron horse", which is supposed to be much faster. :D Check on Wednesday.

Frank:)

3. WA9SVD

Frank,

Thanks a million! The first one fit perfectly, and works better than the original. (Now if the rest of the radio will only last another 16 years...:rolleyes:)

The radio is a Standard C-168A 2 M H-T, and Standard moved out of the Amateur market long before Vertex/Standard came to be, but their repair facilities (Standard Marine, or Yaesu) won't even admit "Standard" ever existed. The only other "problem" I've had with the Standard radios (I also have a 440/1.2 GHz H-T, and a mobile dual bander) has been to rebuild the battery packs for the H-T's after 16 years.

I'll PM you later this evening.

Larry

4. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Lovit when a plan comes together--

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

5. WA9SVD

Tom,

It's part of the true 'Amateur Spirit." We should all be glad it still exists.:D

Thanks to all for their suggestions.

Larry WA9SVD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.