H-T Speaker.

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by WA9SVD, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure this is the right forum, but probably more knowledgeable people here ...

I'm looking for a H-T replacement speaker; 8 Ohm, 1.420" diameter, and 0.185" in thickness. Please don't suggest the OEM; they are DOA.:( The diameter is pretty critical; the speaker fits into a plastic insulator that has to fit just right. (I took apart one speaker mic, but that speaker is just a tad too big...)

Thanks.

2. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

If there is a Motorola service station in your area, check with them, I think some of the MOT speakers are very thin.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

3. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

4. K7KBN

K7KBN Ham Member QRZ Page

The OEM for your HT is DOA? Sounds like you're SOL.

5. K8ERV

I think the government bureau-naming department has a place for you!

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

6. AC0FP

AC0FP Ham Member QRZ Page

How about 36mm x 5mm maximum depth? Let me check my samples.

PS; 36 x 5mm is a very popular size, I have them in numerous brands in 0.25, 0.5, and 1 watt ratings both 8 and 16 ohms.

Frank:)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  7. WA9SVD

I didn't convert to Metric yet; I only have a caliper calibrated in inches. (Which is why I was able to measure to the nearest 0.001 inch.:)
    Then again, 3.6 cm might work almost as well.:rolleyes:

8. K8ERV

If you have a speaker that is too thick, I sell speaker presses.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

9. WA9SVD

Thanks, Tom, but it's depressing enough that I can't use the radio when I actually needed it. :p (Yes, a speaker-mic from Rat-Shack does work, but it's not as inconspicious or convenient.)

10. AC0FP

AC0FP Ham Member QRZ Page

That's alright I mathematically converted it. I am 99.99% sure a 36mm speaker is what you need. I have packed up two 36mm x <5mm 1watt 8 ohm speakers, they are different brands so one should work, just pick the best sounding one. I assume your QRZ address is correct. The last time I checked the "pony express" trail between our two States was still functional.

Frank:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.