ad: M2Ant-1

H.R. 555 Reply from Senator Mazie K. Hirono in Hawaii

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KH6OWL, Feb 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I didn't make up any name, I looked up your call letters and saw a name that began with an N that appeared to be your given name and used it.

OK, you want to be called Chip, fine, but I think you are being overly sensitive about this whole issue. All you had to do was respond with a civil answer such as, "Thanks, but I prefer to be called 'Chip.'

The only rude, impolite, or ill-mannered sentence I saw was your response to my simple question and you answered: 'Ask someone to read it to you.'

The way you respond makes you appear to be an arrogant, flippant, degrade-the-other-guy
    responder in order to pump up your over-inflated ego.

Phil

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  2. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you sure, Nathan?

3. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

This thread does disservice to the great state of Hawaii.

WA7PRC likes this.
  4. WA7PRC

Mahalo. :)

5. NE1LL

NE1LL Ham Member QRZ Page

No, they call get a P.R. template on all bills from the leadership. The interns print them out all day on the party approved template.

6. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

That's interesting. So they mass-produce the "we don't care so go away" letters in DC? Hmmm.

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

"You didn't answer my question and nothing on your BIO page states as to how you want to be addressed on the Zed."

Phil,

I just don't care. You don't even bother to pay me the courtesy of using my name, so I cannot take any of your comments with any validity. Certainly I am not seeking any feedback on my alleged emotional state or alleged frailty of same. See sentence 1, above.

Take the time to be courteous and use the names people call themselves. This shows respect, which is amply returned.

And yes: given the the first, prominent sentence in my BIO gives my NAME, and you claim its not in the BIO at all, it makes perfect sense to have someone else read it off to you. When I had an eye problem in the Fall, I was more than happy to ask others to read stuff back to make sure I didn't miss something.

If your issues have merit, then pray to God and let him sort it out. You are not so tasked.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

9. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

My experience with the DC crowd is that they have an email template for "contact us" and also a "response" template as well.

Regardless, I say give them your opinions to let them know you're interested in an outcome that benefits the ARS.

Phil

10. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Good thought. I do. Then again, I don't contribute to any campaigns, so I have little doubt that all of my correspondence gets "filed" appropriately.

11. WA4YUR

WA4YUR Ham Member QRZ Page

12. WA4YUR

WA4YUR Ham Member QRZ Page

The ONLY SOLUTION to this is to MOVE to a area where they do not have regulations instead of trying to fight them!!

13. WA7PRC

Aside from moving, there are several solutions that don't involve contradicting a freely-signed contract/agreement/promise/whatever, including but not limited to...
    • Mobile station
    • Portable station
    • Club station
    • Remote station
    Mobile & portable stations allow the ham to put his/her equipment at/near a disaster location where it will do the most good. Emergency/disaster coordinators have been crying for more hams at/near those locations. At home, not so much.

The last one allows the ham to not invest in ANY antenna & radio gear, and allows the ham to operate multiple stations from multiple locations.

!! <- exclamation points added for emphasis.

14. N5WLS

N5WLS Ham Member QRZ Page

covenants are subject to change. and as long as a change is for the betterment of the community i don't mind. but if a change was not something i could tolerate then i would move.