H.R. 1301 now has 63 Cosponsors

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KU0O, Jun 3, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

How else can you measure it?

My feelings were hurt?

No compensation for hurt feelings.

2. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I missed the part where someone wanted compensation. Rather, I thought this was an aesthetic issue which can't be measured empirically. At least not objectively.

3. WB2WIK

The posted statement was:
    "At the expense" were key words. I'm just questioning what the expense was.

I can't see how any had any expense relating to the OTARD law.

If someone actually incurred expense, I'd like to know the details of that; and then, the statement would have merit.

4. K1VSK

I took it as a metaphor, e.g., at the expense of our freedom, at the expense of our integrity, at the expense of our aesthetic sensibilities, etc... I'll leave it to the one who used that expression to denote his intent as it would be "at the expense of my inference" to confuse his meaning.

5. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

No. OTARD was approved so all 330M citizens MAY erect antennas for the purpose of receiving OTA signals.

You want the information; you dig it up.

Again, you want the information; you dig it up.

Wrong. It was all about the benefit of the vast majority vs the tiny minority. OTOH, HR4969, HR1301, et al was/is about the tiny minority vs the vast majority. You have it bassackwards.

6. KK4GGL

KK4GGL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No, I don't. I do, however, recognize that Amateur Radio has positive impact beyoond those holding the microphones.

7. WB2WIK

I find it puzzling that anyone cares about the benefits and protections of an HOA.

In reality, there aren't any. What there are is people who think they're 'enjoying' benefits and protections, and they're either brainwashed, inexperienced in matters of real estate, or loony IMO. I can't think of any other reasons people would actually believe in all that.

I see I have a new 'neighbor,' Pharrell Williams, musician; paid 7.14 million for a little place off Laurel Canyon. He has a nice view. No covenants, no HOA. I suspect his neighbors must all have junk cars in their yards and old washing machines stacked up in their driveways and stuff. Poor Pharrell, he doesn't know what he's in for.

8. K1VSK

In reality, there are (benefits and protections) based on my experience living in both HOA and unrestricted neighborhoods. We've been down this road before.

That someone considers intelligent, well-educated and knowledgeable people as "loony or brainwashed" is, to put it bluntly, insulting, ignorant and uninformed. As to your tidbit about what your new neighbor paid for a house, we have some undeveloped lots nearby going for more than that not that it is relevant to this discussion but your neighbor's wallet would be unimpressive here.

Im eager to debate this respectfully if you can but implying anyone who believes as I do is "loony" is a childish comment about which you should be embarrassed.

9. KU0O

KU0O XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I couldn't have said it better myself. The only people who want covenants or HOA's are developers because they want complete control of their investment. I don't know any buyer shopping for a house based on covenants or HOAs.

Check out this beauty. The resale covenant: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/12/business/12fees.html?_r=0

10. WB2WIK

I've been a ham 50 years and I'm not sure what the 'positive impact' is...other than perhaps training kids in things that are technical, encouraging them to not only become hams but become interested in 'wireless' technology because it's cool.

I'm not sure we benefit society in general very much beyond that.

However, neither do coin collectors, car rebuilders, golfers or millions of other hobbyists and I wouldn't begrudge any of them pursuing what they enjoy. It sorta used to be a 'free country...not so much anymore.