H.A.M.s always make it harder

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4IOA, Oct 17, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Works for me!! Nice setup :)

Dave
    W7UUU

W2AI likes this.
  2. WB0ZRD

WB0ZRD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey if you've got the means why not? But it does make me think of something my dad used to say "more money than brains"!

W2AI likes this.
  3. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Or to a HaMs! fest, for the vultures to pick over hoping to get a bargain LOL

N5PAR and W4HWD like this.
  4. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

upload_2020-10-17_18-50-24.png

VE3ZYR likes this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hey - the sultan of Brunei lives in a 2.1 million square foot house and owns 7000 exotic cars stored in 112 garages.... = "Your Dad was right" :)

Dave
    W7UUU

W2AI likes this.
  6. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

upload_2020-10-17_18-55-46.png

W4HWD likes this.
  7. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I guess the investment is in the eye of the beholder. I’d say he invested in his own happiness. ;)

WN1MB, K5ABB, N0TZU and 2 others like this.
  8. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Had to spend all that money on something. Might as well spend it on "conditions" at will.

Now, there's some beam envy!

W7UUU likes this.
  9. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you got it to spend and you are able to meet all your obligations....why not? At the end of the day, you can’t take it with you. Heck in the grand scheme of things 600K is week’s pay for some professional athletes.

10. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Well this is true I guess. It all depends on how you look at life also, more power to him for doing what he wants and having the money to do so. I think i would have more respect for something like that if they actually built everything themselves, dug the holes, poured the concrete and erected the towers, build the antenna, climbed the towers and pulled the cables. There is something haM in that for me, but paying a contractor to come and do it all, well that is very expensive CB. Throwing money at a problem is not very HaM in my view.

W2AI, W4HWD and KE0GXN like this.