"Guaranteed to work - no returns"

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by W7UUU, Dec 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

Tom, does it still work with "fully power" and did you have it recapped? If not, it will need to be soon.:p

2. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

I think the implied point is something like this; "I'm sure it works, but I don't want it back if it gets broken once it leaves my hands."

But your point is dead-on. One can't really offer a "guarantee" and "no returns under any circumstances" sale. It's one or the other.

Me, I tend to say something like "No returns, but I'm certain you'll be happy with it!"

Perhaps even something like "Guaranteed not DOA, but no returns otherwise."

I've received a couple items back that I refunded, only to discover that the person just didn't know how to operate it. Like an SWR meter that "shows no movement when connected to the radio" only to discover they didn't know they were suppose to key up the rig to get that measurement. :)

N3AB likes this.
  3. NB4R

NB4R Ham Member QRZ Page

These days the only thing guaranteed these days on Ebay is that they may make a higher profit margin on your sold item than you.

I've sold numerous items of electronics on Ebay. I didn't use the word guarantee on any of them. They worked before I shipped and specified that. I also specified " sold as is". I believe All my buyers were honest. The guess I was fortunate. I did sell a doll house kit for my wife once. The lady that bought it said one wall piece was missing. I'm pretty sure it was there It didnt sell for a lot so I gave her a full refund. I just wrote it off as customer good will. That was the only complaint I ever received.

4. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page

Does that mean you guarantee to go to work and not return any money to her?