Here's a funny part (since fixed, I believe.) The neighbor was doing some home improvements, and this may or may not be related. but shortly thereafter, I noticed that turning on the microwave oven made the window fan run FASTER! Measured outlet voltage was 125 Volts (a bit on the high side already) but when the microwave switched on, the voltage went to 134 Volts A.C.! I assume there was a bad ground/neutral somewhere that was the electric Co. problem, but after a couple of weeks, it was corrected. Since I'm in a rental house, I have NO idea how the original house and addition are wired, and I'm a bit afraid to even ask.