Gripe of the day.

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N1KWW, Apr 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Haven't given it a thought even though I have a laptop connected to my 7410. I really prefer the art of conversation over the air whenever possible. I've done a little CW but it's not really my thing. Contests are doable because exchanges are fairly basic but I've not the talent or desire to improve.
    My elmer is coming to visit the end of May, he truly embraces all things radio. Moonbounce, CW, VHF ssb, digital modes, anything that puts rf into the air. No doubt he'll push me to try FT8, and he'll chastise me for not using CW more ;) I really like the struggle for SSB, it's satisfying. I have 138 confirmed DXCC in SSB, not a big deal to most but it is to me.

2. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't think laziness is a problem. My opinion is that a lazy person wont even try to make a video.

Hopefully, they learn something from trying and do make improvements when making future videos.

John
    K4AGO

3. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

now let's meet our next contestant :)

W4IOA and K3XR like this.
  4. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

HI FRED,

GREETINGS FROM SALEM, NH.

LET ME SAY CONGRATS ON YOUR MANY

YEARS OF HAM RADIO....BRAVO.....

HERE IS A COUPLE OF

LIDS

DUELING IT OUT ON 40 METERS.

SORRY... I DON'T KNOW THEIR NAMES

N9HI Have a Nice Day.gif
    73 CARMEN.jpg

KP4SX likes this.
  5. N5PAR

N5PAR Ham Member QRZ Page

Many how to videos not just amateur radio ones seem to be made by people who appear to be somewhat stuck on themselves. On a 10 minute video the first 5 are the star of the show talking about something that at times has something to do with the subject of the video. A couple of weeks ago I decided to order a 240 43 torroid to make a 49 to 1 unun for and end fed half wave antenna. At first which searching the internet I found diagrams on how to wind the torriod. These simple diagrams were much more helpful than most of the YouTube videos. On one video the labeled how to wind a 49 to 1 transformer the star of the show shows the torriod and the enameled wire and then shows it already wound. He went on to say something like, “you see here how it’s done.” While showing the finished product.

As i said i found the diagrams and written articles about end fed half waves much more helpful than any video I found.

WU8Y likes this.
  6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

7. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for sharing.

8. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

You. Are. Welcome.

9. KD2EJ

KD2EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

l
    I agree. Get to the point explain the pertinent information and get someone to hold the camera. Even Ham nation too much talking, get to the point. The shorter the better.

K3XR likes this.