GridTracker - A WSJT-X Companion

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by N0TTL, Feb 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: OK1UUad-1
  1. K8RFT

K8RFT Ham Member QRZ Page

It has been almost two years since I posted the above, and tried out the current version (1.20.0302). It installed without problem, but still gives the same error and will not run. Is there any known cure? I've made over 1,000 FT8 contacts now, and use JTAlert all the time - but I would _Really_ like to be able to see the map!

Thanks,
    Doug, K8RFT

2. N2IPH

N2IPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well part of your problem might be you are running such an old version of Windows.
    I'm sure you are aware of that so I won't elaborate on it. My suggestion would bo to try the copy of GT you downloaded on another computer with a more up to date OS. If it works then you can assume the problem lies with your OS which was replaced in 2009 and support ended in 2017.

3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is GREAT!!! I couldn't get JT ALERT to work, it always comes up with UDP errors, but this works fine!!

4. K8RFT

K8RFT Ham Member QRZ Page

Or it might not. However, I'm not in a position to spend a couple thousand dollars and a month or so of getting a whole new system set up and then find out that it made no difference.
    I couldn't find any mention of Gridtracker having OS limitations, and still can't.