GridTracker - A WSJT-X Companion

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by N0TTL, Feb 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KT1TK

KT1TK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I wouldn't be disheartened. You've done an *outstanding* job priding the concept of visual mapping the grid squares.
    That is a *very* complex task that is light-years ahead of anything else I've seen!

Although JTAlerts is simple and effective it is so in a *very* limited way.
    (+) Does show most recent QSOs in small boxes uncluttered by the QSO stream but ...
    (-) ... desired calls are not spoken in English like like GT does (GREAT when you working on something else)
    (-) JTA boxed calls do not stay visible and disappear after a few seconds.
    (+) JTA dynamically uploads WSJT QSLs to QRZ via its XML API interface.

OTW. GT had a large host of features - especially the Spoken alerts! That is a Godsend!
    However, despite its beautiful graphic, GT could use some ergonomic tweaks.
    We can discuss this in more detail, one hacker to another.
    You can reach me at QSO@KT1TK.com
    73s

2. K8RFT

K8RFT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm just getting started in digimodes and have been listening with FT8 and WSPR, using WSJT-X I often wonder where the grid squares are that are listed in the "band activity" window so I installed GridTracker. However, I did get an error ( which unfortunately I didn't record) during installation. Now when starting GridTracker, I get the error message "The procedure entry point TryAcquireSRWLockExclusive could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll". I'm using Windows Vista with the last service pack, and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SPI and Framework 4.6 are installed, as well as Compact Framework 3.5. Is there any known cure for this? I sure hope so - it sounds like a great program and a big help!

Thanks,
    Doug, K8RFT

3. W0GRW

W0GRW Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm having a problem with GridTracker and I'm hoping that someone here can help.

I've been using GridTracker since Field Day and have had no problems. But I recently got WSJT-x 2.0 and now all I get is a GridTracker window that is filled with black. There is an icon in the upper right corner that looks like an X. In the lower right corner I see the word Leaflet in blue on a grey background and that is it. Is there a key shortcut to get the map back? Should I reinstall it?
    Thanks,
    George, WOGRW

4. G4POP

G4POP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

WSJT V 2.00 is still in Beta and not on general release and at this time Steve has not updated Gridtracker until a full and tested release of WSJT 2.0 is released.

Additionally he has moved house and in the process of setting up at his new QTH

5. W0GRW

W0GRW Ham Member QRZ Page

I incorrectly stated the version of WSJT. It is 1.9.1.
    I am able to get to the normal screen of GridTracker but I need to reinstall it each time.
    I have since removed GridTracker from my system and am no longer using it.

6. SIMON1234

SIMON1234 QRZ Member

Postings mentioned port, udp, boardcast and multicast.

Would appreciate pointer to information sources for my further reading and understanding.

Is WSJT-X send OUT information only (talker on port)? Does the software also take INPUT from listening to port(s)?

Many thanks

7. SIMON1234

SIMON1234 QRZ Member

Is there any software doing the same on the WSJT-X ALL file on historical stored information?

8. N2IPH

N2IPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think your problem is with GridTracker not WSJT-X v2.0, I am running WSJT-X v1.9.1 and have the same problem. Emailed Tag and it is apparently a problem with Google maps, more or less the same issue that PSKReporter had.

Tag's advice was to use the static map as a short term solution, not the live map (default). But for me when I start GT(GridTracker) it hangs before I can get into setup and change my map selection over to use the static maps. He is looking into it but it may be a while. Unfortunately for me that means I can't run GT for the time being.

9. N0TTL

N0TTL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

New version out, correcting many issues!

N2IPH likes this.
  10. N2IPH

N2IPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The new version of GridTracker (v1.18.1208) is working fine for me since I installed the other day.

N0AXB likes this.