ad: elecraft

gridsquare info missing in database

Discussion in 'QRZ XML Logbook Data' started by OE9SHV, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. OE9SHV

OE9SHV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello,
    I have recently subscribed for the callsign database downloads service for offline use. Unfortunately the information field <Gridsquare></Gridsquare> is empty in the download version. I only get gridsquare information online via XML subscription.
    As I need the information offline (HAM radio operation in places without internet access) this subscription is not offering the data I expected.

Can anyone please let me know if there is a current problem with missing gridsquare data in the download package, or do you not provide gridsquare information with this service?

Thanx for clarification

73 de Harry, HB0HS

2. K2DSL

K2DSL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Harry,

I'm not affiliated with QRZ.com but saw your post. If you to http://www.qrz.com/pd/ and click on the File Format Specifications page, you go to http://www.qrz.com/i/qrztech.html which lists out the fields (about halfway down) that are included in the download. Gris square is not one of them. If the spec is up to date and reflects the current data, only the fields listed on that page would be in the download.

K2DSL - David

3. OE9SHV

OE9SHV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dear David,
    thx for your feedback.

It's obviously my fault. I expected the complete data offline similar to online xml-subscripton for logging but did not check, if that is fact.
    I would highly appreciate that offline bought data have same details available as online data. I never would have subscribed and paid for the data just for addresses without Locatorgrids as it is important for me to know distance and direction....

Hoping, that qrz.com is adding locatordata for the download in the near future....which - at least I assume would be of interest for many of us.
    73 de Harry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.