ad: vanity

Grid Square Logging graphic

Discussion in 'Suggestions and New Feature Requests' started by N5CFI, Sep 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N5CFI

N5CFI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there a way to dump the logbook grid squares into a graphical map (like a coverall bingo card)?

2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

3. K5TCJ

K5TCJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

N2IPH likes this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Tried it - not even close, at least not for me. I have thousands of confirmed LoTW contacts, with ARRL DXCC, WAS, Triple Play, WAC and yet it shows that I've worked just a handful of locations. Doesn't even come close to my actual LoTW log record.

Not buying that one

Dave
    W7UUU

5. K6GB

K6GB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Didn't work for me either.

6. N2IPH

N2IPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Remember that GridMapper DOES NOT display all your QSOs, it only displays the GRIDS you have worked, regardless if you have one or one hundred contacts in that grid. The color of the grid does vary with the number of confirmed contacts. The plot below is my ~7,500 QSOs confirmed in LoTW for all of 2018.

GridMapper_All_QSOs_10-19-2018.png GridMapper_EM79.png

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  7. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

yeah, no, didn't work for me either, not even remotely close.

8. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've used gcmwin as well as FFMA-TRACKER-MAP

In a quick search, just saw there is a WG7J gridmapper as well, not sure how this works.

9. N2IPH

N2IPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, I had a post here the other day about the WG7J online mapping tool and also about N0TTL's GridTracker app that you D/L and run locally on your computer. GridTracker gets its data from WSJT-X or JTAlertX in near real time and displays all traffic on the frequency on a map on your computer. Works great with a second monitor so you can run it full screen there and still have your primary monitor for WSJT-X and any other apps you have running. I like to keep a browser window open to QRZ so I can look up contacts and see something about their station, etc.

Don't know what happened to that post but it was in this thread and apparently I never posted it or it got deleted for some reason.

Go my QRZ page where I have some screen shots of both displayed. Scroll down they are near the bottom.

10. W5PFG

W5PFG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Many satellite operators use gcmwin to map their list of confirmed and worked grids. It works great.