Grid Map

Discussion in 'Suggestions and New Feature Requests' started by 3B8FA, Oct 11, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
  1. 3B8FA

3B8FA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello,
    I'm a Grid chaser, I'm particularly interested to have a Grid Map showing all my grid worked.
    Having the grid added automatically to the map from my QRZ.com log would be perfect.
    I'm sure this kind of feature can bring more DXers to appreciate QRZ.com.
    73's
    Pat
    3b8fa

2. N2IPH

N2IPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Get GridTracker. Free and syncs with LoTW and many other databases and
    with logging apps on your PC as well as WSJT-X and similar apps. Loads of
    features. Tag (N0TTL) put many, many hours of work into that program.

He should get the Ham Radio equivalent of an Emmy for his work on GridTracker.

KC2LEB likes this.
  3. W0AQ

W0AQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree, and I use GridTracker too. However, I would like to see a grid square count at the top; QSOs, Confirmed, Countries, and Grids!

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

On QRZ if you go to awards and analyze for the GridSquare award you'll get a nice breakdown of grids worked/cfmd by band.

5. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I tried grid tracker last month, lots of bells n whistles to use
    Ended up removing it... maybe I was using it for the wrong purpose
    disappointed by the number of grids that it showed as a particular state but was actually some other state. I ended up having to search on qrz to check the grid square was actually the desired state, not sure where it was getting the grid info from
    also I tried all the maps and state borders were really hard to see, wonder if theres some way to edit the maps and put in heavier lines
    maybe I didnt have some setting right but I had it linked to my logbook, lotw and qrz
    I've gone back to manually writing down what grids I need to search for certain states etc
    seems easier than sifting through all the features
    the best map I've seen so far is the icom US grid map where it shows the grids on a US map, simple display, no roads, just the grid info