Greyline performance

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by W6APX, Jul 21, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W6APX

W6APX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Buyer beware. Greyline performance. I ordered a antenna back in feb 2019 and after several emails still have not received my complete order. Do a search there are other guys getting burned by this guy. They dont respond to emails. They do not send out orders promptly. It took them until April just to send me a partial order. They will not evennrefund your money. There are guys on EHam with poor reviews as well. STAYAWAY

2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

About Us

"Consider Ratings listed and divide by two for most Amateur Companies," as well-known in Ham circles.

:eek:

3. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you research the company before your purchase?

4. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

W6APX de KA2FIR HW?

5. N6OS

N6OS Ham Member QRZ Page

Had the same problem with this company. Waited a total of ten weeks during which I received several emails promising various shipment dates. Asked for a refund twice with no response.
    Finally I went to my credit card company and filed a complaint. I got a refund in less than a week and they are going after this company to recover their money.
    It is a real shame. Looks like they have a good product that is perfect for my situation. I understand the problems that small companies face (labor, suppliers, cash flow, etc.) but they exhausted my patience.
    Moral of this story: Complain to your credit card company. They take this type of stuff seriously and, with enough complaints, the card companies may drop them.

KA2FIR likes this.
  6. N6OS

N6OS Ham Member QRZ Page

About ten days after my credit card company refunded my money, I received an email from Greyline Performance saying that the model I had wanted was available for immediate shipment. I called and emailed with the same message: "If you have actual product ready for immediate shipment, call me and we will discuss delivery." I have heard nothing since.
    That was the last straw! I was able to trace Greyline Performance's business license. It is a DBA for Jon Kimball located in Holladay, Utah. I called the Utah Department of Consumer Protection and talked to an investigator letting him know that many others have had the same problem. He told me that if enough formal complaints were filed, this group would open a formal investigation.

To place a complaint go to: DCP.UTAH.GOV. In the header, there is a drop down labeled "complaints". Filing a complaint is straightforward. Don't let this guy continue his rip-off!.

Also, my credit card company is going after him to reclaim their payment to him..