Greyline antennas

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by KG5POF, Aug 15, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KG5POF

KG5POF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Customer support: The worst I've seen for any product. Will not answer the phone. The only phone conversation I had with anyone in the company was when they were trying to sell me the antenna. Quality control: Poor, had to cut 3/4" off the main tube to make it fit. Did not machine the receiving tube far enough. Order: Not complete. Never received the install kit with the ladder line spacers. Ordered the flagpole antenna, received the vertical, no flag or accessories, just poles. Shipped with 2 boxes taped together falling apart. Probably what happened to my spacers, don't know what happened to the flag, won't answer the phone. Installation manual: None. A single sheet of paper barely showing how to bolt the poles together, which was obvious.
    The antenna performs fairly well, but customer service is non-existent, what a shame. I would not recommend Greyline company to anyone. The only thing they have done right is to ask what they have done wrong. I just hope they listen.
    Finally, If you want to be in the communication business, learn to communicate! Answer the phone, respond to emails, texts, or at least respond to your own chat line. Tom Bishop KG5POF

K4SRF likes this.
  2. KM3F

KM3F Ham Member QRZ Page

A search shows complaints as far back as 2 years, maybe more.

KX3DX, AK5B and K0UO like this.
  3. N5AF

N5AF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

4. KF7OCA

KF7OCA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

5. WA7F

WA7F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

We already have a 24 page thread complaining about this vendor. Maybe this needs it’s own forum.