Got comments? Try the new Swapmeet Talk Forum

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

We've created a new forums called Swapmeet Talk as a place where buyers and sellers can talk about selling radio gear, prices, advice, etc.. apart from within the listings themselves.

Please note that third party discussions, comments, conversations in this forum are prohibited. Unless you are a buyer or potential buyer, you should not Reply or make comments about anything offered in the For Sale section.

Now, with the introduction of Swapmeet Talk, users may post their thoughts about equipment, prices, dealers, sales or any other buying/selling topics. Check it out!

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?forums/swapmeet-talk.115/

AA6KI, K9ASE, AC2NT and 3 others like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice addition, Fred!

Dave
    W7UUU

KL7KN, AC2NT and K1OIK like this.
  3. AC2NT

AC2NT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Fred,

This is a great idea. However, is there a function in this forum software where a "for sale", "trade" or "wanted" post can be tagged with a random number so that when you go to the Swapmeet Talk Forum the seller or buyer can immediately recognize his/her post to extend discussion with regard to comments of the said "wanted" or "for sale" post. Kind of like employers number their job openings on their websites, so that a prospective employee can have a reference number. Same (similar) idea I am trying to get at, here.
    Not sure whether it's a few mouse clicks on your behalf as an admin. Or, maybe it's a module that XenForo software programmers
    can create a module to incorporate into this forum.
    Also, to eliminate the comments clutter in the "for sale" forum , the thread may be locked automatically except for the poster to be able to edit it for 30 minutes, or admin/moderator would still have full control of editing a thread.
    Maybe, I'm making it sound complicated than it really is.

Or, somehow, tie a discussion thread for a specific "for sale"/"wanted thread in the swapmeet forum.

Anyway, just a thought I am trying to toss your way to ease up the connection between swapmeet forum and swapmeet discussion forum.

Thanks.

Chris - AC2NT.

W8MRL likes this.
  4. AA7BQ

AA7BQ Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Chris,

Every listing (thread) has a thread-id which is in the URL. This thread, for example is: 594511
    Our system recognizes both short and long URLS. Long is the default. This article is linked as

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/got-comments-try-the-new-swapmeet-talk-forum.594511/

and the shortened form is:

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/594511/

Hope this helps,

-fred

AA6KI likes this.
  5. AC2NT

AC2NT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Fred,

You're absolutely right. Now, that clears things up. I completely forgot about the thread numbering scheme.
    I guess, I should've known that. Especially, that this is not the first forum I have been on.
    I should pay closer attention. ;)

Thank you.

Chris.

6. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Fred! A very nice and necessary new feature!
    Starting right out....I couldn't help but notice the beautiful, almost mint, Leitz drafting set. I have an older one in much more "used" condition. Anyway, these are treasures....nobody is making this stuff new, to the best of my knowledge. Anyway...give this a check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.