ad: elecraft

Got a weird response after paying with Paypal?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KE0EYJ, May 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have paid with Paypal to buy things several times.

Before buying, I was assured it would be shipped after I paid. Now that I've paid, the response I got was, "I see the money in my Paypal account & when it shows in my bank I will ship it."

So how long does that take, and will it affect me being able to cancel the order and get my money returned, if he never sends?

2. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

If they haven't configured PayPal to transfer funds to their account or debit card, for example, it can require providing the information to PayPal, PayPal "pinging" your account for 1ยข or like that ..and the $ shows up in their account.

..verifiable online, or at their local bank teller.

It sounds like they are "new" to PayPal.

First time I received payment, I had to transfer it to my account out of the PayPal "wallet".

After that, smooth sailing.

3. KE0EYJ

I think there is nothing to worry about, thanks. I always pay through credit cards. Wasn't sure how the banking side works. He apologized, and said he will ship tomorrow, and it usually takes just a day for the money to appear.

4. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds like they want to get the money out of the PP account as fast as they can so there is no money in their account when you figure out you have been scammed and you open a dispute. So what they did was a
    download.png
    leaving you hanging on the ledge.
    So that would be my opinion. Sorry so much. I hope I am very wrong.

John, WB0MPB

5. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

So, did he ship it and did you receive it?

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  6. KE0EYJ

Yes, and very quickly! Good seller!

KJ4VTH and AJ4GQ like this.