ad: ProAudio-1

Got a Card From 7Q7ELA, Didn't Work Him.........

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K2WH, Nov 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I got a QSL card from 7Q7ELA for a CW contact on 17 meters on the 18th day of September 2018 mode CW.

I am posting this here as a notice, in case someone with a call similar to mine, is the actual ham who made the contact and can rectify the error with 7Q7ELA.

K2WH

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe he heard you.

Just wanted to say hello, You are 5-9.

3. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

It happens from time to time. Received a DX card in the last batch from a station I know I didn't work. I don't think it was for reasons other than a simple clerical error. K3XR is hardly rare DX. If the station has an email address on QRZ just advise him you can't confirm the contact.

4. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's exactly what I did and just received a reply "Thanks for the update".

Nothing more.

K3XR likes this.
  5. NM7G

NM7G Ham Member QRZ Page

Broken calls cause this from time to time. I could probably qualify for an award using Unearned/Unworked QSLs. Evidence of broken calls shows on dx clusters many times per day, and not just on CW. What really dumbfounds me is when a wrong call appears 3-4 times on the same cluster page before someone (actually copying) posts the right call. A symptom of monkey-see-monkey-do IMHO.

6. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you sure you weren't taking a nap and perhaps "sleep hamming"? :)

I actually have an entry in the log from earlier in the year on 160 worked in the middle of the night. I don't remember working him, I don't remember writing him in the paper log.. but sure enough I did as it matched up in LoTW. It was even a new one for that band. I must have been 3/4 asleep!

W9JEF likes this.
  7. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I still get bureau cards for a call that I haven't had -- and as far as I can tell, nobody else has had -- for over 20 years.

That doesn't stop me from hanging the cards in my cube at work. :)

8. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why do they come to you?

9. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a card from JG8NQJ/JD1 for a CW QSO 2016 Apr 22 with N8MA. :)

10. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think it's because nobody else had that call after me, so when you look up that call on QRZ or wherever, the old call still returns to me as a "previous call."