Good Source for SMA Connectors?

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by N0TZU, Dec 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. AI3V

AI3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok,

I'll play ;)

What is the specified "tension" ( that is what weight will the female support? )

And how many "cycles" is it guaranteed for?

Rege

BTW, next to the machine that made the female sockets, we had little brass weights turned out of barstock that also had a male pin as part of the weight.

My bet is you really don't know the difference in where connectors are made.

2. AI3V

AI3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's the deal.

When we went into Fry's to buy a new computer, and saw Chinese sma connectors being sold for less than we could make them for, we bought some to find out "just how bad" they were.

Imagine our suprise when we found out they were every bit as good...

Rege

3. W1BR

W1BR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Rege, you loose a credibility with your nonsense. The Chinese SMB series connectors used on the Chinese jumper cables that I use
    on my commercial cell site GPSTM module now fail to stay seated after several insertions and removals.

Move the box, and the connectors fall right off. They are garbage, and endemic of the typical quality of the junk being sold on eBay.

Every bit as good???? Good as what?

4. KF5LJW

KF5LJW Ham Member QRZ Page

Just curious why SMA rather than say BNC?

5. KF5LJW

KF5LJW Ham Member QRZ Page

Ditto that, and he really lost all credibility pretending to know something. Always starts the same when he has no answer by asking really dumb questions that make him sound smart.

When he looses a debate like he does most debates, he then results to calling folks a Schill trying to peddle junk on the forum.

I will give him credit for one thing, he is funny and entertaining, but funny and entertaining like Joe, Mo, and Curly. We laugh at him, not with him.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    KM1H likes this.
  6. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I’m using the SMA for little test jigs and prototypes because they are easy solder onto a PCB and are inexpensive. They will mostly be used with the NanoVNA which has SMA connectors. I do use BNC and other connectors for other projects. SMB has its place but right now I don’t need that small of a size and they can be difficult to disengage.

7. AI3V

AI3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Every bit as good a connectors sold to every branch of the us military, nasa, intelsat....

I ran a factory that made the things...

Rege

8. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

I usually find mine at VHF and up ham meets where the real high quality versions show up still in a sealed envelope for very low prices. Same for test cables.
    I never buy anything on Amazon, what a racket!

9. AI3V

AI3V Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

Rege,

Who can't fathom why people who buy connectors won't take the advice of someone who ran a connector factory...

10. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

There are connector factories and then there are great connector factories. What is this factory you supposedly ran?