ad: elecraft

Good sign or bad?

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by W6ELH, Mar 18, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KO4LZ

KO4LZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I created an .mp3 of my call in CW and then converted it into a ringtone. Sorry, but can't remember exactly how -- been a LONG time .... :)

2. W6ELH

W6ELH Ham Member QRZ Page

WR2E said: "It's not a problem until you start copying that phantom CW and it tells you to do bad things Jim!"

Sadly, I don't usually need any phantom CW to provoke me to a little harmless devilment... or so says my XYL!

I kinda like that CW call as ringtone idea. May have to work on that. Cheers... Jim W6ELH

WR2E likes this.
  3. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You're O.K. until you mentally start trying to "Zero Beat" your Tinnitus while trying to fall asleep !!!;):rolleyes:

Steve / W5BIB

WR2E and KO4LZ like this.
  4. N1BCG

N1BCG Ham Member QRZ Page

The first step is to create an MP3 with whatever sound you want to use as a ringtone.

With an Android, you can email yourself the file and you should be able to save it on the device then set it as a ringtone.

For iOS (Apple) you will need to use iTunes to convert it to an m4r file and import it to your phone as a ringtone. An unnecessarily involved process but several sites detail the steps.

5. W6ELH

W6ELH Ham Member QRZ Page

My malady has taken on a new and disturbing form... While driving today, I began translating every street sign I passed into "dits" and "dahs."

Oh goodness, my lovely XYL is REALLY going to enjoy a Sunday drive with me now! :confused: Cheers... Jim W6ELH

K4OCY likes this.
  6. W6OGC

W6OGC Ham Member QRZ Page

I made .m4r files for QTH (my home phone), my wife's name, my two son's names, my accountant, which are the ring tones when they call, using http://lcwo.net/text2cw, then iTunes.

QRZ? is for everyone else.

7. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, normal. Someone else probing a circuit with a DMM that beeps usually gets me copying...
    Ring tone... cool idea.

8. W1BV

W1BV Ham Member QRZ Page

I use this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dof100.morsenotifier.free&hl=en

Unsure of the difference of the pro version, the free one does all I want it to. Not sure if you can assign a callsign to a ringtone, but it'll sound out sender and text of sms messages.

9. AA8TA

AA8TA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The ice maker in our refrigerator used to send Morse code; lots of H's, V's and B's, I think (been a long time ago). Then it stopped making ice and since the refrigerator was still under warranty, my XYL had somebody come out and replace the ice maker. No more Morse code from the refrigerator - I kind of miss it.

If I spend more than a few hours in a CW contest, I'll hear Morse code in my head long after the contest is over.

10. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup. I go around mumbling things like "dah dee deedly dah" or "diddle iddle dit dah dit dah dit" for a while.