Good price Amp Supply LK-500z

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by N8FVJ, Jan 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

3. N8FVJ

Stated no way to test it so they had to list parts and not working. I suspect it works well. Very clean amp.

4. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

For parts--not working. Unless you are well versed in amp repair I would shy away from it at the price already bid

5. N8FVJ

Well, it's a gamble, but ebay will refund every penny if returned and seller pays return shipping. Soft tubes does scare me at $460 + shipping.

6. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

That amp has the "crap" band switch. They made two different band switches over the years and this one is the "crap" one. The photo is blurred maybe intentionally because just about any LK-500 with tat crap band switch is burned up in the 160m position. On 160 the band switch contact would arc over to the mounting screw and in short order vaporize the contact. That did not happen on the more hefty "good" band switch. This is a very old model to say the least and is on my stay from list. Probably good for parts of conversion.

W1BR likes this.
  7. N8FVJ

Oh, I can see it does not have the button contact style switch. Good eye sir. The LK-500zb or zc has the button style switch.

8. WB2WIK

"No way to test it" can be a sign that it's actually entirely broken.

Anyone who has ever used any kind of amplifier can run a couple of simple tests, even without applying RF drive.

I'd follow the advice of old QST April edition author, VO1DER.

N2EY likes this.
  9. N8FVJ

Sold for $635 or about $300 less than a LK-500zb. Tubes did look tinted indicating high usage.

10. WB2WIK

That's pretty high for a very old amp in unknown condition.